MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I may be getting an MP with the Mag Disconnect. I found Mr Burwell's great instructions on how to remove it, but I don't have any extra springs laying around to try. If I had to order a spring for this mod, what should I get? I'll probably order it from Brownells.

TIA!

Andy

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
brownells number 969-271-700 or 969-262-403

The bummer about getting it from brownells is you have to buy them in packs. I would sugest checking with you friendly local Gunsmith to see if he may have one sitting around that you may purchase.

One time I did have to use one That may have been a Ruger's trigger return spring.

Basically you just need a spring that will fit over the pin and not be so large that it stick over the top of the block when on the spring.

Dan

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I used an old striker spring that I cut down to fit, works great. almost any spring will work if cut right.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just left out all of it. The pin, spring, take down lever and mag disconnect lever. You only need to add the spring if you want to keep the takedown lever operational so you don't have to dryfire the pistol to take it apart.

If you leave out everything out it disassembles like a Glock. I just check everything twice before pulling the trigger to disassemble like I have on Glocks since 1987.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gotm4 said:
I just left out all of it. The pin, spring, take down lever and mag disconnect lever. You only need to add the spring if you want to keep the takedown lever operational so you don't have to dryfire the pistol to take it apart.

Is there any negative effect in taking down the pistol by dry-firing (besides having to be more careful when pulling the trigger)? I just assume leave it out as well if it won't harm anything, takedown will be exactly the same as the XD which I am used to.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I don't know for certain that it will cause long term problems or not, but I don't like the way it feels when you do that.

If you notice when taking the gun down by pulling the trigger, the trigger pull is very heavy and gritty which leads me to believe that it could be bad JuJu if you like the way your trigger feels.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts