MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
BFIBri said:
between the M&P, Sigma and the SW990? WHich onw is better than the other?

Thanks

Bri
I can't judge the SW990 as I've no experience with one but I had a Sigma (which I traded) and have an M&P. The M&P is WAY above the Sigma for quality and trigger pull. The Sigma is a functional gun, a tool and no more. The M&P is a joy to own and shoot.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I would have to agree the sigma is not a bad tool, but it has a heavy trigger. There are plenty of trigger jobs out there, but out the box the m&p wins hands down.

·
Registered
237 Posts
MP I think. The 990 has too many levers, switches, etc., if this is the same weapon as the Walter

P99 that SW started marketing a few years back. The less manipulations you have to learn in a

weapon for personal protection, the better in my opinion.

The Sigma does have a pretty heavy trigger pull. Go with the MP, I think you will be happy with

it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have never used the Sigma myself, though overall I have heard far more complaints than complements about them.

I have shot the SW99, and have mixed feelings about it. I agree with the statement posted earlier that the SW99 has too many firing modes, controls, etc. There are at least THREE positions for the trigger--who needs to learn 3 different trigger pulls on one gun?

Of the three pistols you asked about, the M&P is the newest design, and we presume benefits from whatever S&W learned making the other two and receiving feedback from end users. It has the best trigger of them all, IMO, and the grip ergonomics are excellent (perhaps matched by the SW99).

With the current $50 + 2 mags deal (on a pistol that is already a good value), I don't think you can go wrong with the M&P.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts