MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooting at the range and my sons Shield was doing this with 3 different types of ammo. Ejector, Mag or ??? Myself and another frien shot it so we can't blame it on the shooter.:rolleyes:
IMG_6814.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was doing this when new. I think the recoil spring is too strong. After a few hundred rounds and clean and lube. It started behaving.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Different ammo, different shooter, same gun, same magazine...

I’d consider trying a different magazine. Also take note which round the feeding issue happens on. Could be a magazine spring issue. Too strong or too weak of a magazine spring can do weird stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
It is also possible that the particular gun does not like that brand of HP ammo and instead of the round sliding on the feed ramp into the chamber, it is catching and bouncing straight up. Try round nose and see if it solves the problem. If not, try other magazines.

If not, keep going through the frustrations like others have done until the gun gets "settled in."

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was doing this with several brands of HP and some FMJ. We fixed it. SOLD it and bought another 1.0 that works great.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Note to self... Do not buy used firearms from ThrowinRocks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep when they are that troublesome I sell them to a gunsmith. I'd never pass on something that can't save a life. Waiting 3-4 months for S&W to fix it? Nope
They said they're that backed up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts