MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its that time again, need a new toy. i went to a range the other day and brought my M&P 9 and rented a glock 22 and 17 just see what they were like. first off let me say i love the 40 cal round. its just everything i imagend it would be and love it. so this got me thinking, i need a 40. ive never shot the M&P 40 but have the glock 22 and really liked it as i did the 17 as well(but the 17 will have to wait for now as i want a 40). i dont want this thread to be taken bad in anyway, im just looking for others thoughts and personal opinions on the following guns im looking at.

what im looking at getting(and as i mentioned before, i have the M&P9 already and it can made to be similar to the 40 by using hotter rounds, ect., but i still want a 40 and want to have all 3 calibers of the M&P series some day)

M&P 40 (would send off to have slide/barrel nickel tefloned)

Glock 22

possibly a glock 17

(kinda thinking i would like the glocks in the OD green frame

the only real reason im thinking about a glock is i want something different from what i have already and i plan on owning a 17 and 22 someday as well as the M&P 40 and 45 so its all a matter of what order i should buy them. as for the M&P 45 i would rather wait for the dark earth model to come out.

i also have a few questions concerning the M&P40/glock 22

1. in terms of general shooting, dose it shoot/feel like shooting the M&P9 only with slightly more recoil(also i have heard its one of the softest shooting 40s out there)?

2. anyone who has both or shot both, what were your thoughts and opinions?

thanks in advance for all the replys

kirby

·
Registered
405 Posts
well the MP 40 is the only pistol Doc had on his ratings a standing by and everybody says it's got great recoil for being a .40. I think most will say you can't go wrong with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the M&P 40 in both full size and compact, and a Glock 19. I think I prefer shooting the 40 over the G19! Both have been totally reliable, but the M&P feels like it fits. The recoil is not really a factor for me. I have heard that the Glock 40 cal. is snappier (perceived recoil) than the M&P, but I can't attest to that personally. My wife really likes the full size M&P 40 too. I don't think you can go wrong with the M&P.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think more and more i think about it, im leaning towards the MP 40 but i really do like glocks alot. althought i think im leaning more towards a glock 17 for my first glock, but still just cant decide. keep the replys coming

kirby

·
Registered
524 Posts
Do a search. This has been hashed out before. I know, I'm being that guy who says "use the search" but the replies were much more in depth then what your getting here.

Also. Dude its entirely personal preference. Pick one. This is like me choosing a favorite color for you! Both firearms are great! Just different.

If I was you I'd get a G19/G17 and a .22LR conversion slide and barrel. Then get a MP40. Or the other way around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts