MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few used MP pistols in my area. I was wondering what I should look for when buying a used MP.

A Few questions:

Where should I look for wear?

Also I've read about different Serial number groups having technical difficulties and such. (premature mag drop etc.)

Any information on what I should keep an eye out for would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Icetracer said:
I've seen a few used MP pistols in my area. I was wondering what I should look for when buying a used MP.

A Few questions:

Where should I look for wear?

Also I've read about different Serial number groups having technical difficulties and such. (premature mag drop etc.)

Any information on what I should keep an eye out for would be greatly appreciated!

Icetracer,

Personally, if I was buying a used M&P, I wouldn't worry to much about the serial number groups.

I have an MPA#### and had a small issue with the slide lock.

Other than that, it has been flawless.

I know others have the earlier M&P's and have not had any problems.

Regardless, most anyone that has had problems has discovered that S&W is dedicated

to getting your issue fixed with a super fast turn around.

It wouldn't scare me to buy a used M&P no matter what the serial number or revision.

Also, as far as wear, most parts are now available through Brownell's.

Good Luck

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have purchased both my full size 9mm and my 9C used. In both cases, they were not fired more than 500-600 times and were in excellent shape with very little wear. Neither of them were really broken in from my standards (1000 rounds minimum).

I did question the serial numbers but not so much to exclude them as to gauge when they were made in general so that I knew what the possible issues could be. As was stated previously, when they were made is no guarantee of a problem and mine work flawlessly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses!

Side question: Will the S&W warrenty be valid if I buy from a private seller?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Icetracer said:
Thanks for all the responses!

Side question: Will the S&W warrenty be valid if I buy from a private seller?

From the experiences I've seen here.

They will cover it, no questions asked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts