MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a M&P M 2.0 and like it says I'm just trying to figure out what kind of trigger would be best I'm looking for anywhere between a two-and-a-half to three and a quarter pound pull. any ideas besides Apex?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Why not Apex? I have their flat face trigger kit in my 2.0, and like it. You can adjust the pull weight quite a bit, but not sure if it goes that low.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Apex is about it. Unless you can find a custom shop that will build what your looking for.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I put the Apex CAEK in one of my M&P9’s.

It has an average trigger pull of two pounds, seven ounces, yet is totally reliable.

I have another that I set up for carry with their sear and striker block (plus the springs that came with the parts), while retaining the stock trigger return spring. That one has a 3 1/2 pound pull. It’s also totally reliable.

Edit: I have four different M&P series pistols with Apex parts. I’ve retained the stock trigger and sights in all of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has nothing to do with learning how to shoot it, trigger breaks rearward and for some with large hands or just a different preference, there's other choices. That's what he was asking.
Why not just leave the stock trigger in and learn to shoot it.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought the regular sized 9mm 2.0 (4.25"). The trigger on it is great. I dry fired a 5" flat dark earth model that's trigger seemed way heavier. Was that an isolated incident or do the safety models just have a heavier trigger?

·
Registered
4 Posts
M&P 2.0

I have put the Apex Flat Face trigger in both my full size 9mm 2.0 and 9mm 3.6 and they are fantastic triggers. I can highly recommend the Apex FF. You have multiple weights that you can choose to fit the weight you desire. I will be adding one to my .45 soon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not to take over the Ops thread. But... I am in the same boat -

WHICH Apex Flat face trigger for a carry Gun, or Enhanced, or Forward set I've read the forward set is for competition guns.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is it a carry gun?

Just know that modifying the trigger and/or trigger weight can cause you legal problems in the event that you need to use it.

I'm not thrilled with the trigger on my M&P45 2.0 Compact (it's been back the S&W for work) but I don't want to make any changes to the trigger design or release weight because it's my carry gun.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Is it a carry gun?

Just know that modifying the trigger and/or trigger weight can cause you legal problems in the event that you need to use it.
Please provide cases where this actually happened.

I have yet to see anything other than "Mas Ayoob said" this is what happens.

Not trying to be a jerk, I want to know if this is real or just forum garbage that gets parroted over and over.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Please provide cases where this actually happened.

I have yet to see anything other than "Mas Ayoob said" this is what happens.

Not trying to be a jerk, I want to know if this is real or just forum garbage that gets parroted over and over.
I'm not going to look that up for you. If you don't think it's an issue - then don't sweat it.

I have read (not on a forum) about numerous cases where any type of modification to a firearm or ammunition has become an issue in court.

Just one more thing that could become an issue later.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The ones who would know best are the after-market trigger manufacturers, since they would be dragged into every case involving the use or misuse of lighter-than-OEM triggers.

I'm still waiting for the first of these cases...

Still waiting...

·
Registered
324 Posts
The ones who would know best are the after-market trigger manufacturers, since they would be dragged into every case involving the use or misuse of lighter-than-OEM triggers.

Still waiting...
I don't think so. It was your choice to modify or use a modified weapon.

Do some research. Any modifications to a firearm or ammunition used in a defensive shooting situation will become an issue in court if the user is being charged.

This is old news people.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't think so. It was your choice to modify or use a modified weapon.

Do some research. Any modifications to a firearm or ammunition used in a defensive shooting situation will become an issue in court if the user is being charged.

This is old news people.
If it were old news, there would be actual cases that somebody was only convicted because of a trigger job. I have searched and was not able to find any such case.
I always ask when I see people parrot the same story, and every time get the same reply with no cases provided as evidence of the claims.

·
Registered
426 Posts

Still waiting...
^
This is what really happens.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If it were old news, there would be actual cases that somebody was only convicted because of a trigger job. I have searched and was not able to find any such case.
I always ask when I see people parrot the same story, and every time get the same reply with no cases provided as evidence of the claims.
That's fine. Suit yourself.

For others that may be less naive - be aware.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts