MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have the 2.0 Shield, 2.0 Full Size and now the 2.0 Compact to compete with the Glock 19. I'm thinking the next will be called 2.0 Sub-Compact which is correctly the M&P 9c to compete with the Glock 26. What do you think? I also what to wish everyone a, Safe and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Well, i`m hoping for the M&P M2.0 45c to get released soon.
And a match to the G26 would be VERY nice, i would buy it in a heartbeat and dump my G26.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU USMC...!!! Be safe buddie ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, i`m hoping for the M&P M2.0 45c to get released soon.
And a match to the G26 would be VERY nice, i would buy it in a heartbeat and dump my G26.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU USMC...!!! Be safe buddie ;)
Thank you my friend, always good to hear from you. The very best to you and your family.

·
Registered
60 Posts
S&W should build a .45/10mm single stack pistol based on the current 5 inch thumb safety .40 model.
Building off KyCarry request, I would welcome a compact size 2.0 single stack in 9/40/357 Sig. Naturally it would hold less rounds, but hopefully it would be built slim and trim........just like a larger size Shield.
IMHO: the would be the best for me! I worshiped the model 39-2's when they were around, and for that matter, most 3rd gen single stacks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am thinking at shot show we will see the new M&P 2.0 subcompact. Would like to see a 10mm pistol to compete with the glock 20.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Would like to see a 10mm pistol to compete with the glock 20.
A 10mm is what I would like to see.
I wouldn't mind owning a full size M&P hunting sidearm in 10mm Auto. Not that a .41/.44 mag can't handle the task, but range time can be punishing.

Glock pistols in 357 Sig far outsell Glock pistols in 10mm (Source: Bud's Gun Shop) and police depts. don't issue 10mm pistols (several have approved them, but they invariably don't pay for the ammo.) S&W sold the M&P357 for a couple years, using the same frame/slide/magazines as their wildly successful M&P40 (also the donor platform for the M&P9), but ultimately discontinued the M&P357 line due to lower than expected sales. They're not about to design & tool-up for a whole new M&P platform built around the 10mm Auto cartridge, as none of the M&P45 models are an appropriate donor platform for the much more powerful 10mm cartridge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wouldn't mind owning a full size M&P hunting sidearm in 10mm Auto. Not that a .41/.44 mag can't handle the task, but range time can be punishing.

Glock pistols in 357 Sig far outsell Glock pistols in 10mm (Source: Bud's Gun Shop) and police depts. don't issue 10mm pistols (several have approved them, but they invariably don't pay for the ammo.) S&W sold the M&P357 for a couple years, using the same frame/slide/magazines as their wildly successful M&P40 (also the donor platform for the M&P9), but ultimately discontinued the M&P357 line due to lower than expected sales. They're not about to design & tool-up for a whole new M&P platform built around the 10mm Auto cartridge, as none of the M&P45 models are an appropriate donor platform for the much more powerful 10mm cartridge.
Oh i don't think it will happen, however 10mm is picking up steam again. I think it is excellent. It can be used in just a plinking session, it can be used for EDC, Home Defense, hunting and bear protection. i would feel better with 15 rounds of hot loaded 10mm than 5 shot 44 mag revolver. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd guess 2.0 versions of their Pro and Pro CORE line would be next. I really like the 1.0 compact size, but I'd be surprised if they make a 2.0 version of it.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oh i don't think it will happen, however 10mm is picking up steam again. I think it is excellent. It can be used in just a plinking session, it can be used for EDC, Home Defense, hunting and bear protection. i would feel better with 15 rounds of hot loaded 10mm than 5 shot 44 mag revolver. Just my opinion.
If you need more than the 5 or 6rds a 44mag can give,
your likely in a place you shouldn`t be, to start with...lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you need more than the 5 or 6rds a 44mag can give,
your likely in a place you shouldn`t be, to start with...lol
recoil managment and more shots on target i would trust more than trying to pull off a few shots on a charging bear. If i used revolvers more that may not be the case but i rarely use them so a semiauto pistol is more at home in my hands than revolvers are.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
recoil managment and more shots on target i would trust more than trying to pull off a few shots on a charging bear. If i used revolvers more that may not be the case but i rarely use them so a semiauto pistol is more at home in my hands than revolvers are.
I hear ya... i dont really disagree with you, i`m just not a fan of the 10mm.
And i dont live in an area where i really need one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also would love to see a 10mm M&P. I'd want a 5". I have eyed the G40, think it is ugly. I've considered the Tanfoglio, but am trying to platform hop less these days. I have guns on the "need to buy" list and they would ALL be postponed if Smith offered a 10mm M&P.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd guess 2.0 versions of their Pro and Pro CORE line would be next. I really like the 1.0 compact size, but I'd be surprised if they make a 2.0 version of it.
^^^^ This.

Kinda surprised we haven't seen the Pro and Core versions already. But I'd also love to see a 4 inch, 10 round 45acp, like they had with the 1.0. Fantastic size!

·
Registered
94 Posts
i would not mind having a full size single stack. my fav pistol is the 3606. i got wide but short fingers. full size single stacks fit me pretty good. Sig P220, S&W 3906 and the Sig P239.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i would not mind having a full size single stack. my fav pistol is the 3606. i got wide but short fingers. full size single stacks fit me pretty good. Sig P220, S&W 3906 and the Sig P239.
A full size shield 2.0? An interesting idea. I think the Sig P365 will eat it in the marketplace though.

I'm still voting M2.0 CORE.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts