MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I haven't asked about this at other forums because I usually dont care for the responses. I'll give it a shot here though.

It is a pretty long story and I will skip all of the back story for your sake and mine.

Of course a girl is involved. And no it really wasn't my fault. I promise. I will PM more details to avoid them being on the open net if you care that much.

In the end, I was getting threatening calls and actions from this guy (we'll call him Fred). He was on a lot of methanphetamines and as much alcohol as he could afford. He was a loose cannon. Note I'm saying was because I haven't seen him in years. I mean loose cannon too. I saw him beat someone once with no provocation at all. He beat up one of his "friends" at the time. It seems he had trouble deciding when the fight was over too since my brother saw him and one of his buddies hold a guy on the ground while another kicked him in the head repeatedly with steel toed boots. Yeah, that kind of dude. And that kind of friends too.

So he got what was my cell number at the time and left several threatening messages. In one message he said that he was going to shoot me. The other problem is that Fred is actually pretty intelligent when he's sober. He never threatened to kill me, just shoot me. He also blocked his number on that call so I had no way to prove it was him. Okay, so the guy wants to kill me and may just be crazy and drugged out enough to try it. He had very little to live for at the time (I hope that has changed by now). BTW I had zero firearms at the time. That's much different now.

My question is this. Let's just say that we see each other later today. I think he will still be very ill about what happened and depending on his habits recently, he may be loosely based in our reality. What would you do? I'm not going to draw down on him right off of the bat, he might be walking up to apologize. He also might be walking up to beat me to death. I am no match for this guy when it comes to a fist fight. I also don't have very much confidence in my abilities to fire effectively while I'm being kicked and on the ground.

I know it's a complicated scenario and I hope I've said enough for some of you to answer instead of question.

Thanks a lot for your thoughtful replies.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
john doe my freind. I think we have all been in this situation when it comes to a female! If you fear for your life, or think it cant be resolved then I would contact authorities. I am not saying to take the easy way out, I believe if it cant be handled by throwing blows, wether you win or lose then it is just best to get the law involved. Its a damn shame we americans are so hostile to eachother when there is a war going on out there, does anyone even care anymore??? Pisses me off. This guy sounds like a low life, and again buddy, if you feel like its going to come down to bustin some caps.......spare yourself the pain of knowing you killed someone, and the chance it wont be justified and you will have a long life behind bars to thinhk about it. I am in no way saying your wrong for thinking of what the hell to do.......I know how it goes......Bullys [email protected]!!

Now if the guy walks up to you and his body language says its go time, dont wait for him to throw the first blow, with him coming at you fast, and if you can land your best shot, you will hurt him.......AND DONT FORGET TO CAPITOLIZE!!!!! My brother and my buddys train alot in MMA, we are not at all experience like them bad a**'s in the UFC/Pride Fighting, but we know how to defend ourselves.

I hate the fact that you are having to face this, Like I said alot of us can relate to this. Since you feel the guy might just bring a gun to the table, and most of all since he is a meth head......you have one choice, contact the authorities man!!!!! Dont feel like its something you had to do because you where scared, do it for both you and this creep.

Walk away with your head up, knowing you did the right thing. Too bad you guys just cant set up a time to knuckle up and just settle it the old fashion way, but todays society isnt at all like that, everyone wants to pull there straps.......SAD!

If you need to talk about this brother, I can do my best as will alot of folks on this site. Even though we dont know eachother, we are all brothers here!!!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I carry a cell phone, a knife and a flashlight at all times. I have not received my CWP, so I can't carry, yet... However, anyone can use a knife and, or a flashlight in self defense as skilfully as if you had a gun. But the most powerful of weapons is keeping aware of your environment. Meaning your immediate area that you occupy, keeping your head on a swivel. If this man is looking for you and if he is as smart as you say he is, he will be coming for you when you don't expect it. So, expect the unexpected, keep the phone near by to notify authorities. You can notify the police of the situation, do so once a week and you will soon have enough complaints to authorize a restraining order on him. The bottom-line, you have someone that wishes harm on you, but you aren't sure when or where; you simply need to beware of your surroundings and know how to react if such an encounter occurs. Make plan, practice your plan and execute the plan...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Look at that military training coming out!!!! Love it brother!!!

Morgan Walker said:
I carry a cell phone, a knife and a flashlight at all times. I have not received my CWP, so I can't carry, yet... However, anyone can use a knife and, or a flashlight in self defense as skilfully as if you had a gun. But the most powerful of weapons is keeping aware of your environment. Meaning your immediate area that you occupy, keeping your head on a swivel. If this man is looking for you and if he is as smart as you say he is, he will be coming for you when you don't expect it. So, expect the unexpected, keep the phone near by to notify authorities. You can notify the police of the situation, do so once a week and you will soon have enough complaints to authorize a restraining order on him. The bottom-line, you have someone that wishes harm on you, but you aren't sure when or where; you simply need to beware of your surroundings and know how to react if such an encounter occurs. Make plan, practice your plan and execute the plan...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
snscott, I wish I were a texan sometimes were it not for all of the heat. :roll:

final, you are right. I should have contacted the authorities at the time. I did not for many reasons. It basically would have just caused a lot more problems than anything. I can explain more if you'd like.

I will not be contacting the authorities about it now since all of this happened years ago. I was just wondering because like I said, I bet he'll still be hot about it unless things have really changed for him. You would understand after seeing this girl.

I have no qualms about getting my butt kicked. If I'm out and I see something that I really don't agree with, I'll be the first one to say something about it, regardless of his size. I don't care if I get beat up, I still made my point. I'll never forget a exchange I saw in High School once (very truncated version)...

5'6" 135 lbs - "You're an a--hole"

6'7" 220 lbs - "I'll kick your a--"

5'6" 135 lbs - "And you'll still be an a--hole"

6'7" 220 lbs - Walks away

I do not have any training with H2H stuff (I am trying to find a class that teaches what I want to learn) and as stated earlier, Fred doesn't fight to settle a score, he fights because he likes making other people bleed. He doesn't stop until forced to. That's the only thing that complicates this for me. A normal person and I would have settled this like reasonable people do and it would have happened back then. Not possible with this guy.

Thanks a lot for the words of wisdom y'all.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
John doe.

Your right in some cases contacting the authorities wont do a damn biut of good with some folks out there. I used to run with alot of skins and gangbangers, and man there outlook is a hole lot different from the average american. In there eyes it doesnt matter if they go back to prison/county its just one more lesson in battle street style.......sounds like a catch 22. Do you have any buddys that could help you out if you decided to to box the dude just to settle the score, and if he gets the better of you, have them step in???? To be honest brother, like you said hopefully this guy grew up and is a different person. To be honest when I was younger I was alot like this guy, but the more I grew I figured I was only hurting myself, internally. I still think back on the things I did and sometiems it keeps me up at night knowing it was all stupid crap, and it wasnt me. I hope this is the case with this guy, all he is doing is creating a world of self destruction. If he is as smart as you say he is, then maybe he has realized that this isnt the way to live a life. Love your brothers, and die for them, not create more enemies!!!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oops, got distracted while typing and missed two posts. Yeah, I guess I wasn't very clear that I haven't seen him at all in over two years. I really have the feeling that I won't be seeing him but once more in public unless he has changed a lot. I do try to stay very aware of my surroundings and I would like to think that someone would have to be really lucky to "sneak up" on me at anytime.

I have 2 plans. One for if he is smiling and apologizing as soon as he sees me and then there's plan B. Plan B is probably much like snscott's plan A. Hopefully I will have 10 left in the mag tho. :twisted:

Thanks for the advice Morgan.

This is a good reminder to get off of my butt and learn some H2H skills. I thought about starting simple with a pair of boxing gloves and my little brother (who is not little). Then maybe looking for formal training as well. I also do need to get some new pepper spray. The can I have in the car is old. I'm thinking about adding a lanyard style can to the belt setup anyway. You're right, pepper spray is 100% effective on 99% of people out there. As a wise man on THR once said, "85% of all statistics are made up on the spot". I have a buddy that might not have to slow down if pepper sprayed but he has actually been exposed in military training...

AHHH you guys are posting so fast

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
lmao, now thats a prime example of what alot mof bullys deal with......NO BRAINS.....lol

I'll never forget a exchange I saw in High School once (very truncated version)...

5'6" 135 lbs - "You're an a--hole"

6'7" 220 lbs - "I'll kick your a--"

5'6" 135 lbs - "And you'll still be an a--hole"

6'7" 220 lbs - Walks away

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Final (Kris I think it is?). I really like what you have to say most of the time. I only say most of the time because there's a first time for everything.
I'm glad you got your proverbial stuff together. It sounds like you have an awesome life and family now. I'm so happy for you and even a little jealous.

I am also much different than I used to be (one of the reasons for not calling the cops back then). I wasn't into the gang stuff (mountains=no real gangs) but I did a lot of things that I wish I hadn't. No point in beating ourselves up over the past, we can only move forward with a new perspective.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'm glad you got your proverbial stuff together. It sounds like you have an awesome life and family now. I'm so happy for you and even a little jealous.

I am also much different than I used to be (one of the reasons for not calling the cops back then). I wasn't into the gang stuff (mountains=no real gangs) but I did a lot of things that I wish I hadn't. No point in beating ourselves up over the past, we can only move forward with a new perspective.[/quote]

quote="johndoe1027"]Final (Kris I think it is?). I really like what you have to say most of the time. I only say most of the time because there's a first time for everything.
..........Ha Ha Ha Yeah I will slip up.....I am sure you will be the ffirst to catch it.....lmao

Thanks for the family thing brother, it only took me 27 years of a hard life to finally find a woman that could change my life 100%. And most of all she is giving me my little girl, I cant f'n wait!!! Your time is coming soon John Doe, there is someone for everyone!

And sounds like you got your stuff straight too! It takes brains to figure out all that crap isnt worth it.....some people never find them selves for tghe simple fact they just dont have an outlook!!! Good you bounced back man!!

If you dont have dreams then what do you have right????

Since this did happen a few years back, I think its most likely squashed! But like Morgan said, always keep your wits about you in every situation!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you dont have dreams then what do you have right????

Since this did happen a few years back, I think its most likely squashed! But like Morgan said, always keep your wits about you in every situation!!!

That's all that keeps me going anymore is hope man. I gave up on everything a long time ago and luckily that just made everything a little easier to deal with. I am proof that you can gain a lot by having nothing to lose. I bought my first home (3000 sq ft) at 24 years old. I have made 40k+ every year since I graduated college (due to overtime and hard work, not the degree, which I am still paying for BTW). I think I just hijacked my own thread........jeez.

Yes I hope very much that it is squashed. A more realistic hope is that we just never cross paths again. Either way, I don't think that I'll ever have to face the proposed scenario above. I just thought I'd throw it out there to see what everyone else would do.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Damn sounds like letting go has really payed off for you!!!! Congrats on that bro, if thats noit sometghing to be proud of then I dont know what is anymore....lol Kick butt and take names later!!!

Keep that head up John! You did the right thinhg by posting this, sometimes we just need others thoughts to see things a little more clearly! Keep making that money!!!

FF

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's exactly why I haven't seen him in years... We live in a relatively small town tho. If he's still in town, we will run into each other one day.

·
Registered
505 Posts
id say that if it was years ago and hes still on meth, his mind is so gone by now that he doesnt remember anyway. Hes probably more paranoid that the world is out to get him, and hiding out in his basement. that could explain why you havent seen him in years.....hmmm

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you have not seen him in a while, it is because; he is dead, he is in prison, he is in looney bin, or he left town/state. If he lived the kind of life you described, he may have very well expired at the hands of someone who took his threats seriously, or took serious exception to an ass whipping.

You should talk to the authorties anyway, and file a report of him threatening you. Express the same concerns you did here on this board. If the cops won't listen, go straight to district attorney's office and see if you can bend an ear there. This will help build your case if you do have to harm or kill him later if/when attacked. The trouble with turds like him is that by the time they get close enough for you to know exactly what they intend to do, its too late - they are on you and inflicting damage. His kind has learned how to be all smiles until they are within closing/striking distance. Information is power in this case. It would be a great benefit to you to know where he is, or if he is still alive.

If the local police are good guys, they can run a criminal background check and driver's license check. If he holds a driver's license or has been in the penal/jail system at all, they can probably tell you where he is, and pehaps even if he has assumed room temperature. If they won't cooperate then a PI can supply the same info for about $50-$75. If you cannot carry a firearm, then strong pepper spray, a taser, edged weapon, etc. may be your best bet. Just remember that the best fight is the one you see coming and thus avoid.

People who make crediable death threats have a way of falling off the face of the earth. Perhaps you will get lucky and somewhere he bit off more than he could chew with a fatal outcome not in his favor.

TEX

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys.

I can carry. Right now just a M&P9c with no extra mag on the belt. Getting a mag pouch soon.

Knife and pepper spray coming soon afterwards. I have been procrastinating on my knife research...

·
Registered
225 Posts
You're right. That's a tough situation. Having to live life looking over your shoulder constantly is not fun. Some very good advice here, though. Preparedness and awareness are your best weapons.

Tex hit an important nail on the head, too. Its important to have an official record that you tried to pursue the normal legal channels before resorting to the last, ultimate solution. At least in my state(MO) and most others, things will go better for you in the courts if you can show that he has a violent history and threatened you before you shot him. Don't trust that everyone knows about him and that info will come to light if you have to defend yourself in court. Official documentation is your friend.

Good luck and thanx for bringing this to the forum. Your post and the responses provide valuable food for thought.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts