MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a M&P 40 full size box, papers, lock, (2) 15+1 round magazines, a Blackhawk nylon side holster, and (1) box 50 Blazer Brass 180 Grain, and (1) box 50 Federal Classic Hollowpoints. A buyer asked me if I'd take $450 for the gun. I've seen police trade-ins going for about $409 in my area. I've only put about 300 rounds through this pistol. Great Shape! I believe I paid $469 brand new for everything in the box. Whats a great price for everything? I was thinking $525.

·
Registered
581 Posts
now it depends if they qualify for the leo discount. If they do, the end price after rebate would be 350. your ammo is worth about 45-50 bucks. your holster about on a good day.

$450 for everything is the low side of a fair price, but not overly low. depends on how much you want to sell it.

Better to sell the ammo and holster separately to get maximum return

·
Registered
581 Posts
from all the references before the craziness, 475 seems to be the average for a new one across the country.

Ya gots to remember its a used gun even if you never shot it. $425 and it should move. Sell everything else local or on the net.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Higher!!

With the (2) 15 round magazines and the way things are headed come the end of January (Obama Control for firearms) I'd say that $525 would be a great starting place. You WILL get that by the end of the month!! :yes:yes

Anything with a high capacity magazine will be demanding premium prices. If they impliment the magazine restriction, you probably won't be able to sell the 15 rounders with the gun. :no

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd be fine selling for that price for the package deal. Say $50 worth of ammo and a nylon Blackhawk holster is what, about $20 or so new? It is a used gun, even with only 300 rds through it.

I personally wouldn't pay $525 for that package, I'd just go buy a new one and buy my own ammo and holster.

·
Registered
689 Posts
from all the references before the craziness, 475 seems to be the average for a new one across the country.

Ya gots to remember its a used gun even if you never shot it. $425 and it should move. Sell everything else local or on the net.
Agree. I paid this for a brand new one in CA. Your accessories are just an extra and are better off being sold separately. $450 is a good price. As more of these get into the market, prices will drop more. Right now, used M&P are gone between $400 and $450 in CA.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I would say $500.00 even if it is a face to face transaction with no tax involved. Used 15 round 40'cal mags are going for a premium on Gunbroker now. 6 weeks ago, I would have said $425.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts