MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what S&W are dreaming up for the M&P line?



I'd be real interested in a 9mm compact grip with a longer barrel (4 or 5 inch) similar to what XD has done with their 45. I find that the shorter grips significantly help with concealment but the slide / barrel length doesn't matter much for concealment and I prefer the longer slides for sighting and power.



I wonder which manufacturer will offer this in a 9mm first?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
I read something somewhere that there will be a police version of the new I-bolt rifle. Other than that I don't know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
gvman said:
Anyone know what S&W are dreaming up for the M&P line?



I'd be real interested in a 9mm compact grip with a longer barrel (4 or 5 inch) similar to what XD has done with their 45.
I don't disagree at all but just as an FYI, the M&P compacts are already a half inch longer than the XD compacts. In my opinion a nice compromise. Most 9mm and 40S&W JHP SD ammunition (with the exception of the Speer Short Barrel line) is optimized for a standard length 4" barrel. Any quality 9mm should perform just fine in a 3.5" M&P, but if you're concerned then the Speer Short Barrel 9s and 40s are optimized for 3.5" barrels. That's what I keep in my 3" Kahr PM40.



Springfield needed needed to extend the XD to 5" because that's the standard length for a 45acp. The length where most 45acp JHPs perform best.



Anyway what I want is an M&P in 10mm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,062 Posts
sholling said:
I don't disagree at all but just as an FYI, the M&P compacts are already a half inch longer than the XD compacts. In my opinion a nice compromise. Most 9mm and 40S&W JHP SD ammunition (with the exception of the Speer Short Barrel line) is optimized for a standard length 4" barrel. Any quality 9mm should perform just fine in a 3.5" M&P, but if you're concerned then the Speer Short Barrel 9s and 40s are optimized for 3.5" barrels. That's what I keep in my 3" Kahr PM40.



Springfield needed needed to extend the XD to 5" because that's the standard length for a 45acp. The length where most 45acp JHPs perform best.



Anyway what I want is an M&P in 10mm.
I can see that you and I are going to get along, aside from your thing for Kahr's and 10mms. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
choochboost said:
I can see that you and I are going to get along,
From what I've read in your posts I think so to. I'm looking forward to reading more.






aside from your thing for Kahr's and 10mms. :wink:
Hmmm... 40S&W vs 45acp vs 10mm... Let's see what Mr. McNett at DoubleTap offers. :wink:

Cartridge - Velocity/Penetration



40S&W

135gr Nosler JHP @ 1375fps - 12.10" / .72"

155gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1275fps - 13.00" / .76"

165gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1200fps - 14.0" / .70"

180gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1100fps - 14.75" / .68"

200gr XTP @ 1050fps - 17.75" / .59"



45acp

185gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1225fps - 12.75" / .82"

200gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1125fps - 14.25" / .88"

230gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1010fps - 15.25" / .95"



10mm

135gr JHP @ 1600fps - 11.0" / .70" frag nasty

155gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1475fps - 13.5" / .88"

165gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1400fps - 14.25" / 1.02"

165gr Golden Saber JHP @ 1425fps - 14.75" / .82"

180gr Golden Saber JHP @ 1330fps - 16.0" / .85"

180gr XTP @ 1350fps – 17.25” / .77”

180gr Gold Dot JHP @ 1300fps - 15.25" / .96"

200gr XTP @ 1250fps - 19.5" / .72"

230gr Equalizer @ 1040fps - 11.0" and 17.0" / .62" and .40"
I'm not currently using DoubleTap but if I were the highlighted would be my choices.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top