MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a mp45 and LOVE IT but am now looking for a smaller ccw gun. I really want the mp40c but am having a hard time finding one in my area.

I know Bass Pro Shops is the most expensive place around but they are the only ones that have a mp40c BUT the ones they have only have a flat bottom mag.. no extra finger grip extension. All of the mp9c's they have in stock have the extended clip though.

So whats the deal? Is there a certain model number i should be looking for?

Does anyone here shoot the mp40c without the extended clip? Holding it with just 2 fingers it feels like I wouldn't have enough control over the gun.

I live in middle GA and do not know anyone with a ffl.... so should I just bite the bullet and buy the flat clip mp40c from BPS ($569) and then buy good clips elsewhere?

Help, ideas, thoughts, suggestions are all welcome!

Thanks guys!

Johnie

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Each compact is supposed to be shipped with one flush fitting base mag, and one extended base mag. The extended mags are probably in the boxes for those.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I will make them get the boxes and see.

Now if it only comes with one extended clip I will forsure need to buy at least two more clips, any sugestions on where to buy extended clips online with the best prices?

Thanks,

Johnie

·
Registered
387 Posts
lxtac said:
Thanks for the reply, I will make them get the boxes and see.

Now if it only comes with one extended clip I will forsure need to buy at least two more clips, any sugestions on where to buy extended clips online with the best prices?

Thanks,

Johnie
a place for extra mags? hummmmmmm

oh ya. :)

go to S&W.com and one the deals going right now is......

Buy an M&P and get $50 back AND 2 mags of your choice.

I bought my M&P 9c 2 weeks ago and got in on that deal.

(it also helped me choose between an SA XD and the M&P)

So you know both mags are 12 round.

·
Registered
176 Posts
40C mags are 10 rounders (not 12). I was able to order from Natchez last week one 10 rounder with the finger extension attached. Was $34.XX though. Because we did a group buy and had a number of other items on the same order, I decided the price was tolerable because shipping was very, very cheap after the group buy participants all paid a tiny share of the total shipping. The Natchez guy told me it was the last one he had in stock with the finger rest attached. You could call to see if they got any more in, or when they may expect them. You have to call to place the order anyway because none of Natchez's catalogs -- whether in paper or electronic form -- list the 40C 10-rounders with finger rest. Not sure why that is. The part number on the box the 40c magazine with finger rest came in was 194550000. There's a UPC code on it as well, which was 22188 13237.

A buddy called S&W and ordered some extra finger rests about 6 months ago. They charged him .99 a piece. I don't recall the shipping charge added to that, if any. There are posts on this board where people claim S&W comped them finger rests when they called customer service, but I don't know if that's still possible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I purchased my M&P 40 compact back in June of this year, It came with one flat bottom magazine and one with a finger extension. Then I saw a post on here if you call up S&W they would send you a finger extension for free to replace the flat bottom one. They had a deal on after I purchased my M&P, they would send me two free magazines. That only came with the finger exsensions on them. That was fine with me. So now I have one frat bottom and 3 with the finger extension. I carry with the flat bottom so it don't print as much. My back up magazine is with the F.E. But now with winter here in MIchiagan, I'll swicth over to the finger exstension magazine in the carry now. It just takes time to get use to the flat bottom one. I shoot good with either one. Check out S&W on the free finger exsention if they still do it. Don't hurt asking. 1-800-331-0852 Enjoy.

Gary

·
Registered
15 Posts
Johnie. I ordered a M&P 40 compact from Budsgunshop.com a few months ago. I think I paid $363.00 for it. Now think there over $400.00. Mine came with 2 finger ext. mags. Also got 2 free mags. Also finger ext. mags. And a free range bag. Had to send a way for them. What a deal. I'd look at bud's if I were you. Great deals on a lot of guns, and no hassle. Jerbear

·
Registered
68 Posts
My .40c came with one flat bottom mag as well.

I sent in for the 2 free mags and I also talked to Jeff in Cust svc, He said he would throw in a free finger extension with the 2 mags. Its nice to have the option to put the flat bottom on for concealment purposes. For what its worth, I carry w/ the finger ext on. Doesn't print anymore than flat bottom.

Call S&W cust svc, they'll hook u up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies!

I went to buds and am a bit confused, they have two guns listed with different prices i will list below what they say:

gun #1:

109203 S&W M&P40 Compact .40S&W 3.5" 10-round -- $488.83 Delivered

gun #2:

109303 S&W M&P40C 109303 40S 3.5 10R -- $464.00 Delivered

Whats the deal?

Thanks,

Johnie

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
lxtac said:
Hey guys, I have a mp45 and LOVE IT but am now looking for a smaller ccw gun. I really want the mp40c but am having a hard time finding one in my area.

I know Bass Pro Shops is the most expensive place around but they are the only ones that have a mp40c BUT the ones they have only have a flat bottom mag.. no extra finger grip extension. All of the mp9c's they have in stock have the extended clip though.

So whats the deal? Is there a certain model number i should be looking for?

Does anyone here shoot the mp40c without the extended clip? Holding it with just 2 fingers it feels like I wouldn't have enough control over the gun.

I live in middle GA and do not know anyone with a ffl.... so should I just bite the bullet and buy the flat clip mp40c from BPS ($569) and then buy good clips elsewhere?

Help, ideas, thoughts, suggestions are all welcome!

Thanks guys!

Johnie

Use this link http://www.galleryofguns.com/#

Pick the Locater tab and go through the routine to select the model you wish. you then will be able to get 3 or more prices from outlets in the zipcode area you choose.

You might find them to be better than Bass Pro Shops

Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 40c came with 1 flat floorplate mag and 2 extended floorplate mags. The 2 free ones I got from S&W are extended floorplate.

I prefer flat and would trade if anyone doesn't like their flat and wants extended.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since your on the subject, I was wondering if the height listed on S&W's website of 4.3" for the M&P40c is with the extended mag or the flat base plate? Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That listed height could also be with just the frame, no magazine inserted. You never know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys!!!

I ended up buying the gun online and found a local ffl that charged me $25 for the transfer so I got everything I wanted and saved money over buying from BPS.

I will not name the place I bought the gun from just yet in an open forum but I will say they took advantage of me being a first time 'online buyer' and tricked me into paying $50 MORE than I had to.

Let me explain, I ordered the gun online on Monday, and requested in the comments section for someone to contact me prior to shipping. The next morning they called me and I asked about shipping times and explained that I needed the gun Friday. He told me that shipping was 5 to 7 business days and I would not get my gun unless I paid for overnight shipping. So I agreed to an extra $50 fee for overnight shipping. Well on Friday I still didn't have my gun so I emailed and asked for the tracking number and got a reply saying my gun was shipped USPS priority mail as all their handguns are shipped that way and there was no tracking number. It went on to say I could expect my gun in 2 to 4 days and due to my location from the seller it should only take 2 days. Well long story short it turns out that email was true about all pistols from this place being shipped USPS priority mail and it only takes 2 to 4 days and it is only 2 states from me so I didn't need to pay overnight shipping.

I did get my gun on Friday evening and emailed asking for a refund for the 50.... that email was ignored as have my other emails that I have been sending all this week. They did go in and change my order online and now it looks like I paid 25 for insurance and 25 for shipping but it is still 50 over what I was supposed to pay. I would like to give this place the chance to refund my money or at the very least apologize to me because the truth is I still saved money buying from them instead of local. I would like to do more business with them because of the good price but if they can't at least reply to my emails then next time I will pay more to another place that I trust more.

Anyway Lesson learned and MOST importantly I got my gun and love it!!

It rained out my trip last weekend so I haven't even gotten a chance to shot it yet.

Thanks again everyone!

Johnie

·
Registered
387 Posts
Glad to hear you got your gun. Congratz!!!!!

Sorry to hear you first shoot was canceled due to rain (i know about rain, i live in Oregon
)

Now would be a great to read every page of the manual then field strip it

and clean & oil it.

The dirtiest mine has ever been was when i first bought it.

/be safe and enjoy. :wink:

·
Registered
195 Posts
lxtac, if you paid for overnight shipping it should have been shipped USPS Express Mail, FedEx Overnight Priority or UPS Next Day Air. All of them overnight insured would have been close to $50 I'd say.

If they shipped the gun USPS Priority it probably cost them $10. or less.

You got screwed. Demand your $50 back and if they don't refund, hopefully you used a credit card for the purchase. Dispute the charge!!

And if you have to go as far as disputing the charge, you need to name the seller here.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i have the 40c and it is no problem shooting without the extra grip but it comes with one with the grip and one without the grip and when you sent off for the 2 free they both come with the grip

·
Registered
527 Posts
lxtac said:
Thanks guys!!!

I ended up buying the gun online and found a local ffl that charged me $25 for the transfer so I got everything I wanted and saved money over buying from BPS.

Let me explain, I ordered the gun online on Monday, and requested in the comments section for someone to contact me prior to shipping. The next morning they called me and I asked about shipping times and explained that I needed the gun Friday. He told me that shipping was 5 to 7 business days and I would not get my gun unless I paid for overnight shipping. So I agreed to an extra $50 fee for overnight shipping. Well on Friday I still didn't have my gun so I emailed and asked for the tracking number and got a reply saying my gun was shipped USPS priority mail as all their handguns are shipped that way and there was no tracking number. It went on to say I could expect my gun in 2 to 4 days and due to my location from the seller it should only take 2 days. Well long story short it turns out that email was true about all pistols from this place being shipped USPS priority mail and it only takes 2 to 4 days and it is only 2 states from me so I didn't need to pay overnight shipping.

I did get my gun on Friday evening and emailed asking for a refund for the 50.... that email was ignored as have my other emails that I have been sending all this week. They did go in and change my order online and now it looks like I paid 25 for insurance and 25 for shipping but it is still 50 over what I was supposed to pay. I would like to give this place the chance to refund my money or at the very least apologize to me because the truth is I still saved money buying from them instead of local. I would like to do more business with them because of the good price but if they can't at least reply to my emails then next time I will pay more to another place that I trust more.

Anyway Lesson learned and MOST importantly I got my gun and love it!!

It rained out my trip last weekend so I haven't even gotten a chance to shot it yet.

Thanks again everyone!

Johnie

I also received a M&P Compact in .40 s&w last Friday from Bud's It was shipped priority mail, and when it shipped they also emailed me the tracking number for the shipment. So I was able to easily track it on the USPS website.

The only thing EXTRA that they charged me for was $7.00 for insurance. The shipping price they quoted as being included in the sale price does not include insurance, and the salesman also restated that fact to me when I ordered. I opted to add insurance, since I felt the extra $7 was worth it to protect my investment.

So my total cost for the gun came to $464 + $7 = $471 Of course I had to pay another $25 to my local FFL for the transfer fee and background check.

There must have been some sort of mixup on your order. I would recommend that you call their sales line at 859-987-9929, and talk to a live human being to straighten this matter out.

Lance

1 - 20 of 22 Posts