MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new sear assembly to upgrade my 2007 model year M&P that I just bought, only to fins that the sear had apparently been upgraded already. But, the new sear assembly I just got has the large hole filled with something that looks like a bearing, whereas my original just has an empty hole. I wonder if it may have something to do with the models that have the thumb safety. The one on top is the new one I just got from Brownell's, the bottom one is one out of my pistol. I removed the Magazine disconnect from both of these.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The top sear housing block has the original Internal Lock mechanism installed. Look closely and observe the center hub of the lock is a small hex nut that can be turned externally by a hex key to lock the firearm trigger bar from moving rearward.
The safety when installed rotates on the rear housing retaining pin, not the center of the sear block.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 7.48.47 AM.png

DSC00734 copy.JPG
DSC00733 copy.JPG
DSC00727 copy.JPG

Photos: By permission Anatomy Series of Manuals.
Caution: Pseudo-science and / or amateur photos may be embedded in this post.
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 7.56.33 AM.png

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thank you. Is this something I can just tap out and leave out or does it have to stay in there for this assembly block to function properly?

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
You can certainly pop it out with a punch, I've taken out dozens of them over the years. Important safety tip: Don't put a rear block w/o lock back in the frame unless you also install the plug that fits that little hole in the frame (where the "key" went).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm good in that area. The hole is plugged. I had wondered what that spot was because it has the arrow with an L on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts