MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two favorite are my S&W SSR 686-6 .357 Magnum 4.2 " & Ruger GP 100 .357 Magnum 4.2" MC.Both are sweet shooters.:yes:yes

·
Registered
332 Posts
My two Favorites (Shown below) that I have now are the 4” 686 that has headboard duty and protects my life. My 6” 617 is the most fun.

My favorites of all time are the 6” 686 shown below, I’m in the process of trying to get another one of those. And the 2.5” Model 66.

x

x

x

x

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just have one revolver - a 3" Ruger SP101 .357 Mag.

I keep that handy at home now that I carry a M&P45 2.0 Compact.

The SP is a nice size and very effective, but I wouldn't consider it "fun" to shoot with Magnums. I do consider my .45 M&P "fun" to shoot with full power loads - that's why it's my EDC.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Couple of my favorite wheel guns:
686 Plus, w/6-inch factory ported just in front of the sight.
629 Classic, w/8-inch factory ported just in front of the sight.
Both have the full length heavy lug barrels. Bought them both back in the early 90`s on the same day. Both are still new and un-fired and deeply stored away.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
My two Favorites (Shown below) that I have now are the 4” 686 that has headboard duty and protects my life. My 6” 617 is the most fun.

My favorites of all time are the 6” 686 shown below, I’m in the process of trying to get another one of those. And the 2.5” Model 66.

x

x

x

x
Beautiful :yes

·
Registered
155 Posts
My favorite was, is, and always will be my 4" Model 19. Second place is a toss-up. Right now, it's my Model 66 Combat Magnum. That said, recently picked up a new model Colt King Cobra. Once I put some more rounds thru it, it could be #2.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't have a picture of the most accurate revolver I own - a S&W 586 I bought back in about 1982 (they had just come out). Awesome shooting revolver.

I do have a picture of the only revolver I have kept out of the safe. It's my carry gun for fishing trips.

Edited to add - that pistol and ammo date back to the fall /winter of 1983. It was my winter time back up gun. I bobbed the hammer with a grinder and filed/sanded it smoother. I carried it in my right duty coat pocket loaded with 125 grain .357 hollow points. The two speed loaders, also with 125 grain .357 hollow points, were carried in my left coat pocket.

Took it to the range last year and we shot the ammo that was in the gun and speed loaders and then got into the same old box of hollow points to load into the pistol and speed loaders. It still shoots pretty good.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I only have one revolver, never had much use for them. It's a Ruger Security six with adj, sights. I had trigger work done on it to smooth and lighten up the DA, and the single action you don't want to rest your finger on it with any pressure before you want it to go off. When I had younger eyes I could shoot tennis balls with it out to 70 yards with the iron sights. Today it wears a red dot, but it's also a safe queen.

My wife has a revolver that I bought for her that she has never used, or if she did it's lost in a memory fog from the passing decades.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's a toss up between my Colt Python and S&W 686 plus.
I have a Ruger Security-Six that was actually given to me when I was 21.
That Ruger is very sentimental to me but is not as nice as the other two.
The 686 plus was my mothers purse gun, everybody wondered why her purse weighed a ton.

I'm not a big picture guy. No pictures of my kids, dogs, cars or guns.
"Heres a picture of Tommy when he was 7 with a Black Lab named Pepper holding a empty Ruger .357 in a Mustang that I put way too much money into."
"That's so cute, how did you get him to point the gun at the dog?"

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's easy, 4" Model 19.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have an SP-101 but I like my Bisley Blackhawk better. And I have an old Taurus .44 Mag with an 8 3/8" barrel that I love.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts