MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after my 24 hour duty I had the privelage of sleeping for an hour and a half then going to the orthopedic office and gettting put under and recieved the first of three cortizone shots in my lower spine. And oh yes I am on Lortab right now so if this post heads in a crazy direction you will know why... I am so rpoud of my self for MAKING IT THROUGH THE 24 HOURS WITHOUT VISITING HERE
bUT AS YOU CAN SEE i GOT MY FIX AGAIN!! I was hoping to have the nurses take some pics but that didnt happen maybe next time!!! If I get them I will post them-Jason

·
Registered
910 Posts
Ah, nothin like a few shots to the fuggin' spine to complete your day, eh?

Big fat fock that.

But lortabs... good, yes, lortabs good. Brings back memories of high school.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mt Pleasent???

How far are you away from the GA Border??? I am about 2 hours away If you are close maybe we can arrange a shooting Time????? Let me know!!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm as far east as you can get without swimming in the ocean. If you ever wanted to meet up for a shoot I'd have no problem traveling, though. I'll always travel for a good cause(read: shooting, drinking, etc.)

I'd guess I'm probably around the same - 2 hours away from GA border - perhaps less.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shooting excursion

I will look for a halfway point and see what kind of ranges are around since i have all today and tomorrow off, Because of the shot but I will PM you with what I find

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Sounds like one hell of a 24 hr. span to me.....lol Sounds like your feeling pretty damn good considering.....lmao

Now get some rest my friend!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I hope you're not talking about tomorrow - I'm flying around 2:00. After tomorrow I'm pretty much game for whenever/wherever though.

But just send me a PM, and we'll go shoot sometime. We need to organize a GA/SC/NC/FL MP-pistol meet. 8)

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
They are putting you under for a epidural cortisone injection? I've had long term back problems (that's why I'm retired) and have had the series of epidural, all they gave me was a local, I had a real good anesthesiologist to do mine, the only thing that hurt was the local anesthetic shots, after that I just did what he told me to do.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yes

My back problems as follows... no fluid in my l1 disc, Low disc space l1-l2 discs. Herniated disc l3, l4, l5 discs. and compression fracture in the middle of my back.. The only reason I did the corizone shot was because they knocked me out I was very hesitant but hey there is less room for error if I am passed out right. right now it is very uncomfortable to do anything but that is what the lortab is for..

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
OK, top this, I have more Titanium than the space shuttle and still running around with my hair on fire in the woods, so quite your belly aching... :wink: Since I have several fused disc's my epidural cortisone injection or RAZC start at my tailbone, creep through spinal channel to each area to be injected. I will scan my latest x-rays, I watch the whole thing on the x-ray monitor. Its pretty neat and for only a local, it can be a bit painful, but hey grown men dont cry, they just shoot M&P's...

My work, put up or shut up...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm

after thati am happy wth y back pain

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Re: hmmm

101Combat Vet said:
after thati am happy wth y back pain

Most people say that after I show the scars or explain myself... I take 325mg of Percocet 1-3 times a day and 325mg of Ultracet 3-6 times daily for nearly 2.5 years. I have been diagnosed as having Failed Back Syndrome, or surgery failure for back pain. I fought to remain in the Army for the last 2 years with Medical Boards and luckily I will be able to retire this fall... But, as my surgeon states, "its not retirement that you should worry about, its your future"... So a word to wise, take care of your back, it will take care of you...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Its amazing how I can do that, :wink: but to be honest I am sort of worthless without my spine... So, that's why I only take it out for photo's
and 350lbs charging gorillas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts