MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When and why did Julie Golowski jump ship from the Glock shooting team to Smith&Wesson? Now she shoots the M&P 9mm. What happened :?: They treat her bad at Glock??

Ronin

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
Money talks! Educated guess that S&W offered her more money.

By the way....

·
Registered
38 Posts
ronin67 said:
When and why did Julie Golowski jump ship from the Glock shooting team to Smith&Wesson? Now she shoots the M&P 9mm. What happened :?: They treat her bad at Glock??

Ronin

The RUMOR I heard, so don't beat me up for this, is that she was shooting a Smith and Wesson .45 in some sort of IPSC single stack or limited 10 competition and Glock didn't like that. Again this could be BS so take it for what it is worth. Funny thing is, Glock doesn't even make a product that she could have used in those events.....G36 yea right!

·
Registered
240 Posts
When? 2006 around April/May.

Why? why does anybody change jobs/employers? Better benefit, salary, atmosphere, personal reason.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I heard it in May, at the Bianchi cup, but I bet she moved sometime before that.

She's a great addition to the S&W Shooting Team!!

She's the Best:D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Down Boy 8)

You are going to give yourself a stroke

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
S&W has been very proactive in getting talent from places like Glock. Julie is one example as well as a few reps. If they want to make an impact in the market they need to hire talent and it appears they are doing just that!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
G56 said:
Money talks! Educated guess that S&W offered her more money.

By the way....

Thanks! Its good to be a member. I'm a big fan of polymer based pistols, own three (XD-45, Steyr M357-A1 and Glock 23). I'm hoping to add an M&P pistol to my collection soon.

Take Care and God Bless,

Ronin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts