MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as I'm new here and all I thought I'd give you a brief explanation on this design. The Backpack I use for everything under the sun is a Dakine 101 http://www.dakine.com series circa 2003 or 2004. These are built mainly for sports enthusiasts so they are pretty rugged, plus they provide a lot of extra clips and clasps so you can pretty much lash the pack to yourself. In the front most zipper pocket there are two hard foam inserts which can hold a variety of things. These are what I implemented for my project.

I recently Purchased an M&P 9mm and it came with a holster among other things. Since I'm left handed the holster really does me little good and I felt it a shame to let it go to waste. The holster was a Blade-Tech Revolution which came with certain M&P's. I noticed the belt clip portion of the holster was attached by three screws. I removed the screws and the holster was easily separated from the belt clip.

Afterwards I took a small pick and made three holes using the holster as a guide. These were for mounting the holster to the backpack.

This is the inside of the backpack with the holster connected to the foam

Here is a closeup of the mounting of the holster to the foam.

Another view of the mounting

With the setup I can fit two mags and the M&P easily into the pouch.

One more view to show it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Basically this pouch does nothing except hold the gun, Not only that if I over stuff the backpack the gun is still not visible. This design doesn't offer the fastest draw times however it will provide me with an effective conceal location.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Very resourceful!

On another note, this is what I know about you:

• - you live in Virginia

- you live in presumably one of the bigger cities in Virginia (how many are there?)

- you carry a black, purple, and gray Dakine backpack every day

- you are a female

- you are left-handed.

• How did I do?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Looks pretty sweet....

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Curious. Close the flap on the bag and take a pic, I'd like to see it. Also maybe hainging from a chair simulating being worn.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I think i am in love...

Me too. Jakyl, If you're ever in NE Ohio, let me know.
In any case, for your own safety, don't look at any gun related sites on your laptop or terminals, and certainly not any site you're showing that thing off on. I have to assume you're a conceal permit holder, so by VA law you're still legally safe (for the moment). Keep it quiet, don't let anyone fool with your pack, and change everything about it so it can't be ID's by anyone that sees this site. Oh, and watch out for metal detectors. I think all of us here wish we didn't have to say things like that, but the bliss-ninnies just don't get it. Kudos to you for being brave enough to buck the system.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Oh, just thought of another thing. If you have a good friend sharing, see if they're willing to take custody of your pack, should you ever get suddenly ill or something. It's not too hard to image a "figure of authority" looking in your pack for medicine or phone-call info and finding something that would make them for a different reason. Of course, this might require sharing your secret, and we all know the chances of a secret getting out rise exponentially after the first person is told.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jester said:
Curious. Close the flap on the bag and take a pic, I'd like to see it. Also maybe hainging from a chair simulating being worn.

Methinks Jester sees marketing potential...

Nice work!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
jakyl12 said:
not too bad

However you don't know where I go to, if you check the EXIF info on the images you will note what program I used to edit the pics, meaning it could be any color I wanted it to be. However you do seem to have skills in data mining...kudos to you
I'm not trying to be weird, you just have to be careful how much you reveal about yourself.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
choochboost said:
Very resourceful!

On another note, this is what I know about you:

• - you live in Virginia

- you live in presumably one of the bigger cities in Virginia (how many are there?)

- you carry a black, purple, and gray Dakine backpack every day

- you are a female

- you are left-handed.

• How did I do?

• dont forget coffee drinker, organized and looks to me like computer work is done in the kitchen of a cramped apartment :?: :?:

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
This is getting creepy, but I'd say a computer something major with all the components laying around.

Really, I'd like to see this in action.

Guys, lets quit profiling, and praise this idea.

I really like it, thinking about stealing your idea for where I work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My .02:

Pro: kudos on the design/concept

Cons: I'm a little concern about the access. It looks like you would have to wear your bag over one shoulder and practically have the zipper slightly open. This would result in a cross draw action, which is a little slow. Unless you plan to have your hand in the compartment while you're walking, it would take sometime to draw the pistol.

Just an observation.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
sholling said:
It's getting very creepy. How about just praising a very bright lady for a good idea.

oh yeah that too
:oops:

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's a rather ingenious idea. Kudos. I'd like to do something like that with my pack...if it was legal for me to carry to class.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's some damn-fine ingenuity. And a nice pistol to boot!

I'd just be more brazen and IWB, but you're definitely right about being caught > being dead.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts