MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah.. If you watch the video from where he first shoots and watch it almost frame by frame.. You can see it hit the dirt right in front of him before the round hits him.. It looks real to me.. And you are right.. A direct ricochet probably would have hurt him.. But it dumped a chunk of it's Kinetic energy infront of him before it bounced up to hit him in the head...

Kind of scary if you think about it..

Ben

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Very interesting, what do you think the odds are of that happening?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have seen another video where someone shot a long way down range and it came back and hit the one of the people watching. I remember it was a smaller caliber and the guy was bleeding on his stomach where it hit. I believe they were shooting metal also.

I once hit my mom with a ricochet as a kid, I was shooting an outhouse with my high powered .22 air rifle and the ricochet was going back by me with every shot. I would shoot and be still and listen to it go by. (I was not real bright apparently) My mom came outside to hang clothes on the line barefoot and I shot and it went by me and hit her on the top of the foot. I made it to the woods fast enough and hid the gun in the hayloft before I came home later.....
She was unhappy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Crazy. It looks real and real scary...but freakin' hilarious. The guy goes "we aren't doing that one anymore" and his buddy replies "nope, no more iron". LMAO

·
Registered
708 Posts
theres another vid i saw where a guy shot a tire or something, and a piece came flying back just over his head...

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I've looked at it pretty closely and believe it's legit, the bullet hitting the ground first dissipated a lot of energy before it hit him.

At a machine gun shoot a few years ago I watched a 50 BMG tracer come back towards the firing line, you could clearly see it, luckily it didn't hit anything and landed between two cars parked behind the firing line. There were some junk cars on the range, they said it must have bounced off a brake drum, but I'm guessing that a bullet must have hit the dirt first, since a direct hit on a brake drum it would go right through it.

A comment on tires, a long time ago I took one of my 22 pistols out to a dump to shoot, I was shooting at a tire laying in the dump, just a tire, not on a wheel, I fired about 10 shots at it then went down to look at it, you could see where the bullets had hit it and bounced off, I didn't shoot at that tire anymore!
I believe that since it wasn't mounted, it had enough give to bounce them back.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Where I pulled guard in Iraq was right behind a 25 meter range and the back wall of it was yup you guessed it sand and hesco barriers. While pulling guard we would always have rounds that made it through the hesco barriers zinging over our heads.. One of my buddies was on the port-a-john taking the browns to the super bowl when a round made it through the hescos bounced off the dirt ricocheted off the crappper if it would have penetrated it would have got him. If any one is interested I will look and see if I still got pics in Iraq I carried my digital camera everywhere I went you never know what you will see

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've shot at a paint can with a .22 and it hit the curved base and came right back singing as it went past my head, same with a .177 air... Sort of learning about things like that, think I've got it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts