MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have not gone that far but I did black out the rear dots as they (for me anyway) tend to draw the front sight low. If you notice in the pics the front dot is slightly higher than the rear with a good site picture. The eye will automatically try and center the front dot between the rears drawing the front sight down.

If you are shooting low but are not sure you want to modify the rear sights yet try a couple of little pieces of electrical tape. For me I get a much quicker sight picture without the rear dots and all it cost me was a Sharpie pen.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I think any good shooter knows where to sight to get the impact they want.

I only use blacked out rear sights, you shoot less accurate if you have to much going on in the rear sight to draw your attn to it.

Focus only on the front sight.

Iron sights arn't designed to be put at one point or another, its where the pistol shoots, and you teach yourself to shoot where the pistol hits. POA POI topic again.

Every firearm I get, I setup a target and "zero" the weapon, if it has non adjustable irons, I zero myself learning where the Impact is to where the point of aim is.

No one system works for every pistol or every person.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am new to shooting and guess I was trying to be too scientific. I have purchase 1000 rounds of Blazer aluminum, per YukonGlocker recommendation from the ammo section, 500 rounds of WWB, 500 rounds of Blazer brass. Hope to have it figured out before I have to buy more. THANKS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts