• Remington UMC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new so I would like someone else who is more experienced with ammo.

can you please post a poll with 10 or so brands of ammo?

with so many brands and types i dont know were to begin so your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've used WWB so far, no other brands as of yet. I have reloaded for my 9mm in the past so I have no problem using them. Just need to pick up the die's and components for 40.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If i am shopping for cheap plinking ammo, I usually buy sellier & belloit, magtech (preferred cheap ammo for .357 magnum), winchester white box, or blazer aluminum.

Mostly I load my own ammunition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I usually get Remington FMJ 165 grain in the 100ct box for $17.97 at walmart when I want something cheep to shoot..... Passed 3 boxes of that and no problems.

I also sometimes buy cheep Reloads from the range, no problems either (but they are actually more expensive than the remington)

I also shoot Remington FMJ 180 grain (50ct box) and I am going to try blazer 180 grain tomorrow.

I have not shot any hollow points yet.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I usually plink with WWB. least expensive and totally reliable IMHO. I use federal EFMJ for defense. I also use several HP's just for testing purposes. Fun testing!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive been to a few walmarts around my area they dont sell ammo..

but i heard one farther way does .. gota stop by there sometime

·
Registered
373 Posts
I use WW white box or Federal American Eagle when I buy, when I get practice ammo issued, it is American Eagle, Ultramax, or a couple of other commercial reloads. I never had any issues with any 9mm ammo through my 3rd generation Smiths...what I'm really wondering about is something cheap for the M&P...is aluminum Blazer working for your guns, or is that TOO cheap? A couple of guys I shoot with use it, but not in M&Ps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Based on reports of it's effectiveness, I have just switched to the Hornady TAP, .40 cal., 180 grain for my carry ammunition.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I use CCI Blazer for cheap stuff. Federal Am. Eagle for quality cheap stuff. Speer Gold Dots for carry.

I do lots of ammo testing. I will be posting ammo tests now that I am a member here. In my experience the TAP is good ammo. It tends to expand less and penetrate more than other hollow points. Hornady uses the XTP bullet in the TAP ammo. That is probably the most accurate bullet design right now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Used Remington UMC from Dick's until the prices went up. I plan on reloading now as soon as my 9mm "stuff" arrives from Dillon.

·
Registered
126 Posts
For target/practice, I've switched from the WWB to Blazer Brass as it is slightly cheaper locally and seems to be a little cleaner than the WWB (I will still shoot WWB if I can't find the Blazer Brass). For SD, I use either Winchester Ranger, Federal HST, or Speer Gold Dot.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I shoot any ammo I get my hands on. WWB for the most part.

Lately Hornady XTP for home defense. I like the way it shoots. I still have some Golden Saber that was recommended by my friend who is a marshal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Eddo36 said:
This is kinda a stupid question, but what does WWB stand for?

WWB=Winchester White Box (Full Metal Jacket target ammo)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts