MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering which features I should get on my M&P 40. Should I get the Mag safety? What is an internal safety? I would like to get night sights if they are out. Anyone have an idea on what a stock number is for this or where I can get one? Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have yet to see an M&P with an internal lock. It is easy to find them without a magazine disconnect. It is cost-prohibitive to buy one without night sights and then to add them later. Hold out for one that has night sights installed from the factory, if that's your preference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The internal safety is a mechanism inside the gun that disables it when activated. It's operated by key, some M/P's have it some don't. Mine does....honestly right now it's useless to me and I don't really use it, although I figure it might be a good thing to have (plus a reliable safe) if I ever had any kids.

·
Registered
59 Posts
40c Options

Here are the choices:

Fixed sights - no night-time - my choice (CCW carry)

Fixed sights - night-time - no

Adjustable sights - no night-time - no

Adjustable sights - night-time - no

mag safety - I choose no mag safety

internal lock - I choose no internal safety

I understand the reasoning for night time sights but I suspect that as a CCW (non LEO) carry I will never be in a situtation where I will have time to "sight in" the target. The fire fight will be close and quick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts