MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my choice from Hiviz of a red or green front sight. Never used the red. I see alot of shooters with them.

What do you think?

g10

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just got a green one in from Jester that I have decided I am not going to use if you decide you want green let me know.

·
Registered
103 Posts
In the rare instances when I use a fiber optic front, I prefer the green. It shows up better over a wider range of lighting conditions. Red is awesome in good light, but as the light levels go down, it is one of the first colors that gets lost.

·
Registered
495 Posts
glock10mmman said:
[quote name='UPSguy']I just got a green one in from Jester that I have decided I am not going to use if you decide you want green let me know.

Please email with details. [email protected]

g10[/quote]I sent you a response to your PM.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Okay take this for what its worth as I have never shot with a F/O front sight BUT....

Green is the best seen color by the human eye, most likely because its in the center of the visible (to humans) color spectrum where as red is at the end, and a portion of its output is unseen to the eye. Thus why it doesn't effect your night vision.

So...science says green.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have always preferred red in the front. Maybe my eyes catch it better, maybe the red reminds me of

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
OK, I am going to get all stupid on you all, so beware... Red means STOP and green means GO, we have trained almost as infants recognize the difference between the two. Do you think that has an impact on sight alignment and target acquisition? I mean for the split second it takes for your brain to analyse the difference in a color. Which do you think your eye, or eyes sees first, Red, or Green? Personally I like an amber color, but again as I stated before I am going to get all stupid on you... :wink:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
OK, I am going to get all stupid on you all, so beware... Red means STOP and green means GO, we have trained almost as infants recognize the difference between the two. Do you think that has an impact on sight alignment and target acquisition? I mean for the split second it takes for your brain to analyse the difference in a color. Which do you think your eye, or eyes sees first, Red, or Green? Personally I like an amber color, but again as I stated before I am going to get all stupid on you... :wink:

I don't think the red color slows anyone down one bit.

My personal experience from experimenting is that green blends with too many colors in nature. Red is better form that standpoint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts