MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a supressor for my M&P but first i need an extended barrel to send Gemtech so they can thread.

Anyone know who if anyone is making extended barrels for the M&P9?

Jarvis/Bar-Sto don't show anything on their websites...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
today i learned that the M&P will indeed come out with a "Tactical" model sporting a longer/threaded barrel, such as the H&Ks

anyone hear the same?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i 'learned it' from a very reliable source, that's all i can say...

and to the guy who can't post a link...

simply highlight the link (address), right click-copy

then come here, and right click-paste it.

but if you're refering to Adco simply threading A barrel...you would need a long barrel protruding past the slide/muzzle in order to thread the end for a suppressor to attach.

they are talking about threading ar15 barrels not M&P barrels.

·
Registered
495 Posts
fortknox said:
but if you're refering to Adco simply threading A barrel...you would need a long barrel protruding past the slide/muzzle in order to thread the end for a suppressor to attach.

Well I hate to tell you this but you are wrong and I know what barrel we are talking about here. He has a Sig P226 sitting in the shop at this very moment that has a threaded extension on it. I asked him yesterday if this could be done to my M&P and the answer was yes. Basically the outer diameter of the end of the barrel will be milled down and threaded. A precisely machined extension threaded to the needed pitch of your suppressor will be put on the end. The part put on will be the same outer diameter as the original barrel section that mates up with the slide so lock up will be uneffected.

·
Registered
533 Posts
choochboost said:
How did you learn this?

Please do Tell!!

I do a lot of work the S&W Marketing Dept and I haven't heard about this.

Y

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'll most likely have my barrel on M&P#2 done next week by Adco's machinist. I asked him if he would be interested in more barrel work other than just mine and he said they can do as many as needed.

·
Registered
495 Posts
fortknox said:

I'll try and be more polite this time so poor Jester doesn't have to send me to the corner again. I do get a little angry and passionate at times though. So, for those who seem to think I don't know what I am talking about, a picture might be inorder. This is a standard Sig P226 barrel that has been extended for a can. It is not an aftermarket barrel.

http://adcofirearms.com/

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First off, let me appologise for ruffling your feathers and if you weren't so homophobic, I'd give you a big hug, ass grab and all (kidding man relax)

It wasn't on purpose, i simply went on ADCO's site and didn't find anything explaining such a process so I thought you were thinking about ar barrels.

Now that you've shed more light on the subject, I'M IN!

You can send yours AND I'LL SEND MINE to them for barrel extensions, sure beats having to fit aftermarket barrels onto my M&P9 (problem is, noone even makes a barrel yet for the 9mm so this is a great alternative).

If you can talk to them, then let me/us know how much it costs, turn around time, etc...

I would want threads that work with either a Gemtech Trinity (1/2x28 or M13.5x1LH) or AAC's Evolution9

See what they say and let me know man, right on!

·
Registered
495 Posts
The best thing to do is email him and ask what it will cost. I don't know if the price he quoted me is the regular price or the I've spent 10 grand there in the last year price. I am not speaking for him but I'd bet you'd have your barrel back in a week or so. I am glad I could shed some light for you, that is what we all should be here for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sent him an email

i'd like both, my sub xd9 and my m&p9 done for a trinity or evo can.

i've also asked him if he could re-thread the HVT .30 cal can to fit my 7.62 Krinkov, we'll see what he says.

i've spent some money overthere in the past too, a couple of rra's and some accessories, Steve's a good guy.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Please do me a favor. Let him know you saw my thread, he is trying to keep track of these things.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i mentioned in my email to him that i read on the m&p forums about his services and that aother guy (you) either has or will have his gun there for the same work that i want.

hopefully on monday i will have a price/answer as to how much/turn around time at which point i will send him both my 9mm guns.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts