MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like a perfect weekend to honor our past Presidents by shooting guns in their memory.;> Actually, any weekend for me is a good excuse to break out my MP9 and 686+. Hit the ranges with your MP's and have a good time.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I'm not

The boy has two hockey games and three birthday parties this weekend. I have a snot-nosed kid type of weekend ahead of me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I go to the range every weekend but tomorrow I get to try out my new M&P 9MM and compare it to the 40
BTW, it hasn't been over 30degrees here in a few weeks. We are expecting a heat wave tomorrow with a high of 35

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll be shooting this weekend! Breakin out the new 12 gauge and putting a few hundred more 9mm bullets down range with the M&P! 8)

Effy,

How do you like that 686 plus? I am torn between that and the Ruger gp100 4" SS. I am selling my ruger p90 .45 acp and my walther p22 to get either one but havent decided for sure. What are your thoughts man?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just got back.... 80 degrees here today, shot another 200 flawless rounds through my M&P9. My wife shot 200 rounds through her Compact. Now going to clean a couple of guns..goin fishin tomorrow.

Retirement sure beats workin...........

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deez wrote:

How do you like that 686 plus? I am torn between that and the Ruger gp100 4" SS

I enjoy it. I have around 2000 rounds through it, about 750 .357 loads and no problems. It's smooth, well balanced, great sights, and reliable. I like the 7 shot capacity as well, but I too almost picked up the Ruger GP100. The 686+ won out due to better grip, sights, and capacity. And yes mine does have that lock, but I never use it and it's caused no problems so far.

One minor problem is that it does not like Magtec ammo. The primer dents well enough, but no bang. I blame that on the ammo since American Eagle goes off with every trigger pull.

I hope this all helps. BTW I do think the GP100 is a great gun. If I were using heavy handloads, the Ruger would win out.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm going!

I'm going tomorrow.

I don't get to shoot very often because there are not a lot of public ranges around here. the closest is a half hour away and is expensive.

but my wife is going skiing with one of her girlfriends and I just got the AWESOME new UpLULA Loader from eguns.com ....so I'm off to the range!!! Wahoo! this will only be second time with my M&P that I got back in December

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heading out tomorrow. Going to play with my Glock 17 and the M&P, of course. Might even take the HiPower out for a spin too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In doors in Mi.

Taking the daughter to the indoor range (burrr too cold for outdoor) to shoot her brothers .22 Mossberg (He's in Fl. enjoying winter break!) And I am going to shoot MY MP 9C and new Kel-Tec 380. Should be a great day!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yep; right after I go to the Suncoast Gun Show and hopefully get a Walther P22, and see if my gun will still drop the mag after I put in the new mag catch.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm going with some friends tomorrow. 2 Glocks, 2 S&W's, 2 rimfire rifles, and 2 youngsters new to shooting. Should be a great day!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am lucky. I live way out in the country and just have to out my back door. I will be doing that tomorrow I hope, if it is not raining.

Ron

·
Registered
215 Posts
I went out on my son-in-law's property and shot a little today. It was very cold and very windy, so I didn't stay long. Anyway, it had been a good while since I shot firearms, so I took my semi-auto's out there. I fired .22, .32 (revolver), 9mm, .40, and .45. Now let me tell you, I didn't enjoy shooting any of them except for the .22 and .32.
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Got back about an hour ago, after 400 rds I think I am getting a knack for the weapon. After reviewing Todd Jarrets video I really improved my marksmanship. Suprisingly enough I was tagging plates at 25 meters like they were at 10 feet. The more I shoot this M&P40 the more people want to shoot it too. I think I may have sold 5 or more in the last 2 weeks, God Bless Smith and Wesson. :wink:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts