MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Apex tactical shop, they have two sets of triggers for the shields, the 1.0/1.0 45, and the 2.0

Apparently you cannot use the originals in the 2.0 and vice versa

What exactly is the reason for this?
What I am asking is which part is different, or why would they not function the same?

I cannot seem to find an answer anywhere.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The geometry of the trigger bar-sear mechanism in the sear block housing is completely different between the M1.0 and M2.0.

The Apex parts for their M1.0 applications require the trigger bar loop to be "tuned" to properly work as well as
later sear block housing accommodating larger sear springs.

Apex Tactical product Notes from their site:
This particular product usually requires a slight modification to the trigger bar loop for proper function. Please see the Trigger Bar Loop Adjustment video on how to tune the trigger bar.

*This kit REQUIRES the use of the larger 1/8 inch sear spring and plunger set up. If your M&P has a 1/16th inch diameter sear plunger and spring, we strongly advise you upgrade to a new style sear housing block before installing this product. All function and reliability testing was done with a 1/8 inch sear plunger and spring, therefore we cannot guarantee proper function without the appropriate size sear plunger and spring.

Photos by permission: Anatomy Series M&P Manual

Caution: Pseudo-science and / or amateur photos may be embedded in this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the Apex trigger kit come with the 1/8th plunger? I see it comes with the spring but.... I don't see any information on the plunger.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Because the trigger bar and sear engagement are quite different on the 2.0 vs. 1.0

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually did write them an email, and S&W. And I made a post here.

That way I get a consistent answer from all 3, I know it's accurate.

Anybody know if the Apex kit comes with the 1/8th plunger as well ? Yes I asked them already... still waiting on a reply.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The kit doesn't come with the plunger because all newer M&Ps have the 1/8 plunger from the factory. The only ones with the 1/16 were the older versions-I have a 2008 M&P that had the older plunger. Everything that I have purchased since 2013 or so has the larger one.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Does the Apex trigger kit come with the 1/8th plunger? I see it comes with the spring but.... I don't see any information on the plunger.
M&P trigger kits from APEX Tactical do not include a 1/8" sear plunger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh, I bought mine like 3 years ago or so?
But I'm not sure if it was old stock, I doubt it - but when I clean it I'll check, I never bothered to in the past.

Anywhere I can buy them if I need them? When I look it up I just get references to Apex.

Thanks for all the information and help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts