MP-Pistol Forum banner
181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look, feel, accuracy, track record and it's made in the USA.

I think it's a helluva gun for the money.

My wife has a sigma that is also fun to shoot and she's really accurate with it. I also just picked up an M&P 15-22 that is just a riot to shoot and modify.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had been wanted to get a M&P but had never had a chance to shoot a full size model. So I finally found a range that had one available for rent and I was pretty happy with they way it shot. I did some research and decided to take the plunge. So after finding shops that had them in stock and checking prices, I found an awesome deal too good to pass up. So today I purchased a M&P 9MM FS and have no regrets.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went to the store to purchase a 9FS to try the gun that was said to "out-Glock" the Glock. As I was waiting at the counter for the background check, I made the mistake of handling the compact 9. Came home with both of them to the delight of my interest collecting credit card company. Also made the mistake of adding an Apex sear to the 9FS, which made me shoot the pistol more accurately than any pistol I've ever shot. Then the cursed 9Pro came along and had me adding a 'no interest for 6 months' credit card to the wallet. Soon, I will be trying to trade some LNIB Glock 22 fifteen round magazines for M&P40 fifteen round magazines for future expansion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I decided to buy my MP 9mm after I bought a glock 26 then a week later shot my friends MP9MM . The MP just fest better in the hand. To be honest I cant stand the feel of the glocks. After I had the MP9 for about a month I wanted one in the 45auto Cal. Finally got my full size MP45 and and love it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I carried a Commander size 1911 clone for years. I finally got tired of battling rust (I sweat a lot) and wanted to go with something lighter than an all steel gun. I wanted a polymer frame pistol that had a rust resistant finsh. I tried several pistols, but the M&P fit the best in my hand.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Why did I buy my M&P? Because it's illegal to steal them???? O.K., just had to be a $mart A$$, couldn't help myself.....

J.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really wanted to get a handgun, and was set on a Glock in .40. So I did some looking around, then went to a range and rented the Glock 23 and it was just terrible, it was a pain in the *** to shoot. So I was told to try the XD, and it was a little better. Then I tried the M&P and fell in love. It felt great in my hand and shot wonderfully.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4G using tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I carried a Commander size 1911 clone for years. I finally got tired of battling rust (I sweat a lot) and wanted to go with something lighter than an all steel gun. I wanted a polymer frame pistol that had a rust resistant finsh. I tried several pistols, but the M&P fit the best in my hand.
Like whit3 I also carried a Commander 1911 and shoot a full size in IDPA. wanted something lighter, faster, and NOT A GLOCK! Rented an XD, FNX, PPS, Taurus, Ruger and the M&P just felt so right. Best grouping of all of them and best trigger feel. XD(m) was close second but hated the feel of the boxy grip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It was reccomended to me from people that had them and liked them.I've always felt thet my Colt 10mm and Kimber 45acp was plenty good enough but When my wife wanted a handgun I got a 9mm for her and like it.I'm much more open to polymer pistols now.If they make one in 10mm I'll get one for myself.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was looking for something lighter and easier to carry than my full size Colt 1911. Went into the LGS to buy a Glock 26, left with an M&P 9c. As Paul Harrell says, it fit my hand better.

Reactions: Yankeefan

·
Registered
451 Posts
I didn't intend to buy a M&P when I started looking for a carry gun, but after handling a bunch of other pistols, and shooting many as well, I kept coming back to the M&P.

It fit my hand well and felt the best. Trigger was right where it should be. I also really liked the aggressive grip texture.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think we tried every rental 9mm at the local range and fired every friends gun who would let us before we made our decision. The M&P was always the one that felt the most comfortable for us and that we shot the best. Most importantly, my wife felt most comfortable with it and could handle the recoil fine even with the lightweight polymer. Plus the 17+1 capacity, reliability and great warranty/service stories from friends give it the edge over the Sig P320 which was our second option.

We bought ours just before lockdown in April. M&P 9 2.0 full size in FDE. We’ve added fiber optic sights and a green laser/light. Couldn’t be happier with it. 1500 rounds through it and not a single issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love the feel of sig sauer - but the price and availability was prohibitive - but then put my hands around the M&P full size and it fit like a glove.

Reasons for purchase - recreational shooting and home defense. I've even heard of ppl using the full size for conceal carry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Came across a hella good deal for a NIB shield 45 with night sights for $349.00 last April. My FFL said that I paid less than what he could get it wholesale for. I had been thinking about a smallish 45 for carry and the opportunity presented itself.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I love the feel of sig sauer - but the price and availability was prohibitive - but then put my hands around the M&P full size and it fit like a glove.

Reasons for purchase - recreational shooting and home defense. I've even heard of ppl using the full size for conceal carry.
My son has a SIG P320 9mm, and it's decent, but the M&P fits me a lot better and just feels better overall.

I carry a M&P45 2.0 Compact IWB, and it's a bit of a lump - but you get used to it. I just prefer a larger pistol, especially in .45. I was carrying a .357 Mag revolver, but I wanted something that was more fun to train with. .357 in a revolver is a very effective tool, but just isn't a fun gun (IMO) to train with. After a cylinder or 2 I'm done. I can shoot the M&P all day long and it's all good.

The new M&P9 2.0 Compact is for home defense, and is a nice size for my wife and daughter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lifetime Warranty, ergonomics and reliability were my biggest factors. I have a M&P Pro C.O.R.E 4.25 barrel and a 2.0 Shield with the integrated laser. My old eyes can't pick up the sights especially in low light. I have a Walther and a Beretta but the M&P's are my SHTF guns.

181 - 200 of 222 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.