MP-Pistol Forum banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Lifetime Warranty, ergonomics and reliability were my biggest factors. I have a M&P Pro C.O.R.E 4.25 barrel and a 2.0 Shield with the integrated laser. My old eyes can't pick up the sights especially in low light. I have a Walther and a Beretta but the M&P's are my SHTF guns.
Since you have a core, look into buying a RDS for it.

They are better than lasers and the only people that I've talked to that "can't" use them are those with an eye astigmatism and some of those people are able to use them.

I prefer a slide milled for the RDS but you have a core already so look at a quality site and learn to use it. It took me about 1k draw strokes (most dry fire) for the dot to just appear where it should be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lefty friendly and price, I was at a gun-show in February looking for a G48 when I found a M&P40 1.0 Leo trade in for $250.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I prefer metal guns but always have a plastic gun around and at some point I didnt. GEnerally my expereince with plastic guns had been that they all had horrid triggers and just felt .. lacking.

I was getting out of 9mm and sold of a CZ p10c which for plastic had a phenomenal trigger and great ergos. Nice gun ... just 9mm.

A friend came buy with a gun he wanted me to make a holster for. It was the M&P 2.0 9mm compact with flipper and 3.6 inch barrel. He even brought some ammo for me to try it out with. I dont however ever ever shoot someone elses guns unless they are there with me but .. it didnt stop me from putting a couple of snap caps in and playing around.

Gun locked into my hand and pointed so natural and while the trigger wasnt up to the P10C standard I thought it was pretty damn good. Probably second best of any plastic gun I had tried or owned and I have had quite a few.

So the search began and I found my 2.0 40C in July this year for $399.00 on Gunbroker. With shipping and my FFL it came out to about $450.

I have now shot some 300 rds through it and like it even more than my initial impressions would have let on. I thought the steel sub frame and the windows that showed it was a gimic but the gun frame seems so damn stiff its ALMOST like shooting a metal gun. The p10C had a great trigger but there was something about the resonance that made it feel a bit buzzy in my palm and I am a death grip guy. No such thing with the 40C. I shoot some spicy ammo and its solid with very little muzzle rise and no buzz at all. Comes right back into my hand.

Loving the gun and it has become my mostly daily.

·
Registered
38 Posts
After 30 years with one DEPT, I took a second career, as a detective again, with a state agency. We were issued GLOCKS, but were authorized to carry any striker fired firearm, so I bought a SHIELD. Partner and I got approved for S&W Armorer class at a local Sheriffs DEPT. First time I held that full size M&P 9, I knew I had to have one.

I purchased one and sent it to The Performance Center, after the 2.0’s came out, for the action/carry package, which essentially made my 1.0 M&P a 2.0. Shooting a 1.0 and 2.0, with the PC work, side by side, you can’t tell the difference unless you look at the difference in the slides.

A little harder to work on, opposed to GLOCK, but far better IMO, especially ergonomically.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Since you have a core, look into buying a RDS for it.

They are better than lasers and the only people that I've talked to that "can't" use them are those with an eye astigmatism and some of those people are able to use them.

I prefer a slide milled for the RDS but you have a core already so look at a quality site and learn to use it. It took me about 1k draw strokes (most dry fire) for the dot to just appear where it should be.
That's why I got it. RDS Bushnell RXS250 and an Olight Pl Pro. Training so I can consistently find the dot.
M&P.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tried Glock 19, XD9, VP9, Ruger SR9. It was either the Smith or VP9, and they didnt have the pushbutton release yet, only the paddles. So Smith it was.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did a lot of research. Never was a fan of Glocks. I have what I refer to as "monkey paws". The M&P 2.0 4.25" with the Large grip on was one of the most comfortable grips I've ever tried outside of a Beretta 92.
S&W lifetime guarantee helps too.

Overall its exactly what I wanted, and at the right price point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a Springfield XD 4" Service 9mm. It shot great. But finding a holster, light, or other items to fit was near impossible. One reason I bought it was the grip safety; then I learned how often they fail, leaving you with a live round in the chamber and no way to pull the slide. So I sold it and got my M&P 2.0 9mm 4.25". The world just seems to like the M&P better. :8>)

·
Registered
10 Posts
After researching/shopping we were finding very few full sized pistols locally to see and handle. I bought a HK VP-9 L Optics Ready model and later we bought Wife her Walther Q5 Match in 9mm. Both pistols feature Paddle Mag releases. Because of my wrecked hands and Wife's difficulty with her slide, both pistols remain unfired. I have a SW MP-2.0 CORE with 5 inch barrel ordered as well as a Tac-Racker for the slide. Being 'wrong handed' the mag release will go to the other side and probably be replaced with an extended type. We'll decide if we're keeping the HK and Q5 after the SW gets here.

·
Registered
M&P40 1.0
9 Posts
I stumbled across a police trade-in M&P40 (1.0). The price was too good to pass up ($350.00 with five mags). Also I didn't have a full size polymer pistol. This is now the only/first full size polymer pistol I have owned.

·
Registered
Full Size M&P 2.0 9mm for HP, Shield 2.0 9mm for EDC, M&P22C for training, BG380, M2.0 Compact OR
6 Posts
For my first gun, I wanted a Glock 17 or P320. The LGS didn't have either in stock, but he presented the FS M&P 9 M2.0 about ($450, which was less than I had budgeted) and assured me it was just as good and had a wide range of upgrades and accessories available. I went for it and haven't looked back

Since that time (last June) I've added a Shield for CC, a M&P22C for practice, a BG380 for deep conceal and have a M2.0 Optics Ready 9mm on the way.

·
Registered
384 Posts
For my first gun, I wanted a Glock 17 or P320. The LGS didn't have either in stock, but he presented the FS M&P 9 M2.0 about ($450, which was less than I had budgeted) and assured me it was just as good and had a wide range of upgrades and accessories available. I went for it and haven't looked back

Since that time (last June) I've added a Shield for CC, a M&P22C for practice, a BG380 for deep conceal and have a M2.0 Optics Ready 9mm on the way.
Lucky coincidence they were out of stock!

I've fired Glocks, and my son has a P320, and for me there's no comparison - the M&P is better than both in many ways.

Looks like you are all-in M&P!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here in Central Indiana gun sales have been crazy, I have been a Glock Guy forever, but when a as new M&P .40 no box one mag became available I grabbed it. Nice pistol.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts