MP-Pistol Forum banner
221 - 222 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well the pistol was bought so my wife could learn how to shoot a semi-auto (in .22LR). The 15-22 was bought because I don't want to bankrupt myself shooting .223. I am using both now so I can afford to shoot....now if I could find parts for the pistol.

·
Registered
M&P M2.0 10mm 4.6". 2 x M&P 40 w OEM .357 Sig Barrel, 1 x M&P 9mm Shield
13 Posts
Hi, just joined though have been a lurker for some time and this is my first post.

Some years ago my LGS had police trade in M&P 40 full size pistols for sale.
The price was right, and it felt MUCH better in my hand than any Glock, so I bought it.

I swapped the barrel with a S&W OEM .357 Sig barrel, and with Underwood 125 Grain HP's I ended up with a really sweet and potent pistol.
Some time later my LGS had them again and I bought another and did the same barrel swap to .357 Sig.

These had MPC Rev M and MPH Rev N serial #'s, and being used pistols with some years on them, I put them back in the safe for another day until I could find out more about any issues they may or may not have.

I finally got around to researching them a few days ago and found that both of these pistols had the old black finish type of strikers that had reports of issues.
So I ordered new silver finish strikers for them, along with new Recoil Guide Rod Assemblies for them.

I put in the new parts, and tested them today, and they worked flawlessly.
I now have two decent .357 Sig pistols with 15+1 capacity and good ergonomics, that have just have a modest amount of money in them.
A win/win deal!

221 - 222 of 222 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.