MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't want to read me lady and complain about broke cheap people leave now.

Are people really so damn cheap they can't even offer near what someone is asking for something? So far while selling gun stuff I've been offered:

AR-15 I paid $1090 for. Shot 60rds through it - was 6 weeks old. Person offered me $400.

Glock 19 - 3 weeks old - 30rds through it - Person offered me $275 shipped. Shipping $25+!

Ruger MKIII Stainless steel upper/barrel - 0rds 2 weeks old- person offered me $100 shipped. Shipping is $25+!

When I had my '03 Mustang Cobra I bought a new set of DSS Level 5 halfshafts for around $1,600. Sold them two weeks later after swapping the IRS rear out for a built solid rear out of an '04 Mach 1. The shafts had 6 miles on them. 6! Guy offered me $700.

Some people have no shame, I guess. I don't mind an offer below asking price, but to offer less than half the asking price, when the asking price is fair just disgusts me. I go out of my way all the time to hook other people up - whether it be giving someone free gun parts that are brand new that I just don't want anymore, or paying $48 to overnight a CTAC to a fellow mp-pistol.com'er to borrow, to including a bunch of free extras with gun sales I make... I'll gladly do it. But I'm not going to just give away something I'm wanting to sell because you're cheap. Either wait for someone selling it cheaper, or get a better job. It's people like the one's I've encountered that make me want to just keep everything, and not try to hook people up with good deals.

End rant. Thanks for listening to me whine like a little girl. Carry on.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Need a pacifier now? :wink:

I hear you brother, its in human nature to bargain shop... I hate it, if I see something I like, I want to pay for it and go about my business. Selling is just as bad, so I am with you, but brother my final offer is $100.00 for the MKIII upper...
Hang in there man, the right person with the cash and most importantly the need will come, just maybe not at this time... But they will come.

So suck it up, whiner and go out there and spend some more money so I can buy whatever from you at 50% off...

·
Registered
231 Posts
This may fall onto the deaf ears however it does not matter what you pay for the item... Just beacuse you paid voer 1k for your Ar doesnt mean you well get that back. Your not even guaranteed anything close; its all what people want to pay. You may expect to get somthing close but boo fricken hoo. Just beacuse you have the recipt stil doesnt mean anything used is used and people will pay what they want. Just remember you dont have to sell for the price they offer; if the item for sale is worth it, a better offer will come along if not TO BAD. So no need to get your panties in a twist there fella. :roll:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's always at least one...

Panties in a twist? If you spent over a grand on a AR and a few weeks and couple of boxes of ammo later someone offered you $400 for it you too would be irritated. I bought a AR for $1,550 once, and 4 weeks later all I asked was $800 and got an offer for $600. I fully understand that after an item is bought and used - it's used. That doesn't mean a gun fired 60 times is worth $900 less than it was worth a few weeks prior. That's ridiculous.

Does it sound to you like I'm even beginning to ask what I paid for them? No. Which is why I find the offers some people make asinine. I'm not even beginning to hurt for money. I enjoy buying new guns, playing with them, and selling them shortly after to people at good prices when I'm done playing with them. I'll gladly keep them before giving them away. The offers some people make show that everyone wants something for nothing, and some people are down right shameless.

By your reply I'd be willing to bet you're one of them.

Toodles,

Morgan Walker said:
So suck it up, whiner and go out there and spend some more money so I can buy whatever from you at 50% off...

Interested in a fully Dan B'd 9c? I might be selling mine shortly. The 45 goes to Dan Monday for a makeover.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As a buyer, I've often felt the same as you except that the seller is asking darn near what I could buy it new. Other peoples stuff is never set up exactly like you want it, etc. etc. It'd take a lot to get some people to buy unless it's a steal. Just don't sell it...sit on it and wait for the guy who will. If they don't, you can drop the price or keep it.

PP

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
josh said:
If you don't want to read me lady and complain about broke cheap people leave now.

Are people really so damn cheap they can't even offer near what someone is asking for something? So far while selling gun stuff I've been offered:

AR-15 I paid $1090 for. Shot 60rds through it - was 6 weeks old. Person offered me $400.

Glock 19 - 3 weeks old - 30rds through it - Person offered me $275 shipped. Shipping $25+!

Ruger MKIII Stainless steel upper/barrel - 0rds 2 weeks old- person offered me $100 shipped. Shipping is $25+!

When I had my '03 Mustang Cobra I bought a new set of DSS Level 5 halfshafts for around $1,600. Sold them two weeks later after swapping the IRS rear out for a built solid rear out of an '04 Mach 1. The shafts had 6 miles on them. 6! Guy offered me $700.

Some people have no shame, I guess. I don't mind an offer below asking price, but to offer less than half the asking price, when the asking price is fair just disgusts me. I go out of my way all the time to hook other people up - whether it be giving someone free gun parts that are brand new that I just don't want anymore, or paying $48 to overnight a CTAC to a fellow mp-pistol.com'er to borrow, to including a bunch of free extras with gun sales I make... I'll gladly do it. But I'm not going to just give away something I'm wanting to sell because you're cheap. Either wait for someone selling it cheaper, or get a better job. It's people like the one's I've encountered that make me want to just keep everything, and not try to hook people up with good deals.

GOT AN ISSUE HERE'S A TISSUE

Sell on gunbroker dude with a reserve if they dont meet you dont sell!!!!

I wish I had a crybaby emoticon cuz i would name you the winner(air force they expect too much)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Now that is down right bunk brother. They should be taken fishing to no return! I can unbderstand getting a good deal here and there, I am one of those people :twisted: But this would have been nothing less than an insult to my manhood. I sure hope you slapped them bitchez in there mouth!!! I sure would have.

Hope you get what your looking for, thats one of the things I deal with from day to day since I am a bartering man, not all of us can afford these nice toys like you and Morgan....haha But an insult like this is just rediculous!!

Take a deep breath brother.

josh said:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wouldn't be irritated. I'd just say no to an offer I thought was too low.

It's just business, brother. Don't be so wrapped up in your stuff that you get insulted over its price.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not really as annoyed or irritated as I come off, although I'm sure I come off as a little whiney lady. I just don't understand it - that's all. I know people want good deals, but my prices are beyond what anyone would consider good deals. They're so low I've had dealers/vendors on ar-15.com buy my items without hesitation to resell for much higher prices.

When someone states that their price is firm, would you guys shoot them an offer $75 less than the stated price when their asking price is already $50 less than what everyone else is asking? Just curious cause I had it happen - twice today on arfcom.

·
Registered
81 Posts
OH well!!!

By the way I paid 400$ for an AR with 50 rds. through it then built 3 more at a profit so my cost was

close to zero. Capitalizm can be a B__ch.

nunnya

·
Registered
53 Posts
You're not alone, Josh. I'm in full agreement. In the past, when selling stuff, I would tend to price items low in an attempt to bypass all the haggling BS. I mean, downright good deals. But no matter how low I price something, some freakin' low-baller's gotta come along and offer half of what I'm asking, regardless of my asking price. So now, I just price stuff that's more in line with what you generally see on the market and then deal with the haggling process.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You will always see that in sales, period. At least you get to tell them to FO if you choose.

When I sold my first house 5 years ago I was given an offer of 76k for it. That's what my note was on the house. The offer was from a real estate agent who would buy a house, collect his commission, sell it at a mark up and collect more commission. Basically he would have gottwn that house for about 72k. Legally my agent has to show me every offer regardless of how foolish it was. The house sold the first day shown for 208k, 3k more than I was asking and my target price was 200k. People are always looking for the bigger bettter deal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hate it too. All I do is respectfully decline the offer. I once had a guy who badgered me to sell a PVS-4 to him cause his price was the best I was going to get, or so he claimed. I could not figure out why he was persistent since I had already declined his offer. It was almost insulting how he came off rather arrogantly. Screw him. Found a buyer a few weeks later anyway.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I peddle real estate both as a broker and an investor. While being a broker, I hate it when other agents bring me crap offers. It's insulting. It feels like they are telling me I have no clue what I'm doing. As an investor, I've been known to offer low ball on a house or two or ten...and, I've been lucky enough to buy homes with low offers. So it works both ways for me...Don't bring me crap offers but please don't be offended when I bring them to you ;-) It's the game of life my friend, the game of life. I hold nothing against the agents who bring me low offers...it's just a slap for the moment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
why would you buy something and sell it weeks later? Also, if your dumb enough to sinking needless money into vehicles, don't blame others if they don't want to pay hwat ypou paid.

·
Registered
936 Posts
just say no. 8)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts