·
Registered
5,726 Posts
So have you sold anything yet?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah, a few days after I posted the thread I sold the G19 to a guy over on silencertalk.com, sold the MKIII upper to a guy on gunbroker.com, and sold the CTC lasergrips for the G19 to a guy on ar15.com. All for what I was asking for them.

They weren't the typical lowballing cheapass douchebags.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Why are you selling your arsonal with that less rounds through?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
mity2 said:
Why are you selling your arsonal with that less rounds through?

So he can buy more stuff... :wink:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Now this is just me, but when i'm buying something used, I *BETTER* be getting a good deal... I'm the type of person that will pay almost twice as much just for the NIB version over a used one... solely because I have *NO* idea what that person has done to the item. It isn't a sign of lack of trust, it is just that I want the best I can get for the money, and if that means shelling out for new price over a used one solely because I know it is taint free, then, well, I can always re-earn money.

However, I most say, those are some low balling bastards.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've never bought a used gun myself (just prefer new) but I did sell a couple...

if someone is lowballing just ignore them...if your prices are resonable someone will buy it for the asking price.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's called fair market value. My motivations for buying can be as wide as yours for selling. The market seeks it's own level. A low-ball offer up to the amount you're asking is the range of what the market will bear - it's really that simple. If I have basically no disposable income, and I need a weapon, and I see a great used one, I make an offer that I can afford. If you're selling as a hobby with no NEED to sell, you call me names and tell your friends about me. If I buy/sell guns and have no NEED to have your gun, I offer low and if you say NO, I move on. It's like walking through a flee-market, simple as that.

Buyers may be sleezeballs, or they may be less fortunate owners looking for a once in a lifetime bargain. It happens. I've made low offers myself from time to time when I didn't need something but would be willing to pay only so much to have it. Didn't hurt my feelings when some one said no. And I was upfront with the buyer, telling him why I was making my offer. I've actually got stuff that way and more than once. And more than once, I actually kicked in a few bucks after realizing it was a hard ship sell.

Net - lighten up. It's a big world.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Two comments:

1. You seem to have made a habit of impulsive purchases or you wouldn't be repetitively selling nearly new items so often. You might think about that a bit.

2. The "offers" aren't mandatory, you don't have to accept them. Just decline nicely and go on about your business. If the shoe were on the other foot and you made an offer way below the asking price for something and it was accepted wouldn't you be happy? Or if your offer were declined would you be insulted? Get over it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
josh said:
Says DOG the bounty hunter. :roll:

Oh come on! Is that the best you have?
josh: a little whiney lady.

You do know I am a Private Investigator (I know it is hard to figure out, but it is in the name CA - Short for California - PI - Short for Private Investigator, I guess that may be difficult for some to figure out, though you may be the first that couldn't), not a convicted murderer, right?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm well aware what 'PI' stands for. In a seperate thread you said you were a licensed bail agent, and an unlicensed PI, and that you've been doing bounty hunting since '93 - hence my comment.

Duh?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts