MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i would take a wild guess that they keep that round for if your gun was ever stolen and used in a crime or something?.. they can track it?..

·
Registered
150 Posts
I always thought they fired the gun to make sure it preformed correctly. Just a guess. I know that firearms sold in MA have to meet accuracy standards set by the state. When I was living in MA there was a insert in the gun case saying what the accuracy out of the box should be and that weapons were chosen at random and fired to check this, so your gun might have had a few rounds through it. I didn't think it was a data base thing. I would like to find out though.

I have been in RI for quite a few years now and when I bought a P22 it came with a spent caseing. Data base for rimfire too?

I bought 3 Marlin rim fires rifles and they each came with a spent caseing.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
ok so is this scanned to an computer and sent to the govt? what would stop me from just tossing it away? I always thought it was to show my gun would fire, damn police state!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
BSTOCK said:
[quote name='raz-0']The shells are included because of ballistic fingerprinting laws ins ome states. It's not a maybe thing.

What states?[/quote]

new york and maryland. In those states, you should not receive the cartridge with the gun as the FFL should have mailed it onto the state.

·
Registered
150 Posts
raz-0 said:
[quote name='BSTOCK'][quote name='raz-0']The shells are included because of ballistic fingerprinting laws ins ome states. It's not a maybe thing.

What states?[/quote]

new york and maryland. In those states, you should not receive the cartridge with the gun as the FFL should have mailed it onto the state.[/quote]

Thanks, Very interesting.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
lol that was funny, i see now though. learned something new to share with the shooting buddies.

thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts