MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Taco Bell for lunch today and the lady behind the counter asked me if I wanted to donate money to a "help feed the children". It is to help raise money for African children. Well, obviously, as you guys should know by now, I have some extra cash. So I said 'sure', and when she went to grab the 'cup' for it, it was gone. Some people had stolen it. She replaced the cup and I put my money in it. After I was done eating, I decided to get a chili-cheese burrito (they finally got the chili back, and it has been a couple of years, so I wanted one) and this group of hispanic teenage girls, in front of me, grabbed the cup with my money in it, and tried to hide it under their empty cups. I walked up there, pulled there cups off of it, looked in it to see if the money was still in place (which it was), and put it back where it was. The manager saw me do this and thanked me, and then told the girls they were on 'candid camera' and if they did it again, they'd get the cops called on them. To make sure they didn't try it again, I waited for them to get their food and leave, and put more money in the cup.

To be honest, this is the crap that really makes me hate other people.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
mmmmm chili cheese burrito one of the best things at the bell, its too bad they got rid of their fajitas too.. I hate teenagers when we went to WI Dells for a weekend instead of spending a huge amount of money on middle quality food we decided to grill out every night. The park we went to was just off the main drag and a bunch of teenage girls decided that using the sink as a #2 holder would be a good idea
as if the police dept isnt busy enough they had to have an undercover cop stake out the park... I remember stealing and acting crazy but we did it in the comfort of someone elses home if the public saw what we did I might still be in jail

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Thank you Grim.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It was probably the same girls who stole the other cup of money. Its pretty low to steal donations for the needy. I guess some people parents don't teach them about basic human morals and respect.

·
Registered
288 Posts
So, assuming the money cups don't get stolen outright... how do you know this is legitimate and that the money you give will actually go to help needy people as opposed to, say, the employees just considering it a "tip" jar at the end of the day? (Or someone, somewhere along the line thinking the same way as those girls and just pocketing the money?)

I don't TRUST people.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I hate to bash minorities, because I think that everyone should be allowed to live in the USA IF they abide by our Constitution and our Laws, BUT I find it very funny that the minorities are the majority of peoples in our prison system. I know that there are quite a few GREAT people in minorities. I am friends with quite a few. It saddens me when these people are making sterotypes for themselves.

I hate people too Grim. Thanks for putting extra money in the cup! Its going to support people who actually NEED the help.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
M47_Dragon said:
Um, Grim sir, I am not an African child, nor am I hungry... but I don't have any extra cash and I NEED more guns. Whaddya say?

Work 70-80 hours a week and two jobs like me and you will :twisted:

I quit my 2nd job yesterday, so the above is only partially true, but I got a promotion at my "day job" so I won't need it.

snscott said:
So, assuming the money cups don't get stolen outright... how do you know this is legitimate and that the money you give will actually go to help needy people as opposed to, say, the employees just considering it a "tip" jar at the end of the day? (Or someone, somewhere along the line thinking the same way as those girls and just pocketing the money?)

I don't TRUST people.

Sometimes you have to hope that a company has the best intentions... and that the people who are working there aren't low lifes. I don't meet someone and immediantly assume the worst... but the lady behind the counter seemed to honestly care about it... so if she was lying about the whole thing, then she has a problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I whole heartedly agree!

The chlli chese burritos are the best!

People in general suck! Some just tend to suck more than others.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Re: I whole heartedly agree!

MP40Fan said:
The chlli chese burritos are the best!

People in general suck! Some just tend to suck more than others.

when I worked at taco bell I made my own chili cheese burrito instead of regular cheese I put nacho cheese and added jalapeno slices and sour cream.. yes we had a little smoking party sometimes but that was when I was most creative..
8)

·
Registered
434 Posts

surely the adversary walks about like a roaring lion seeeking whom he may devour more than your flesh - i'm talking about your perishing souls!!! so why not secure your souls first which is the most important one before making a fuss out of the urgent ones... :wink:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I work at a Pizza Hut here in WV, and I believe all of YUM foods corp. (Pizza hut, taco bell, KFC,A&W,and Long John silvers) Are all participating in this. I give my share to this cause too. At the store where I work we have a small clear lock box that is chained to the register, so no one could do this. I think you did the right thing. I can't believe what some folks will do

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Sigh, I still remember when I could walk down the street and not have to be strapped with a vest on. I hate stupid people, equally, of all races, creeds, colors!! I give the benefit of doubt to everybody, and believe innocent till proven guilty, but man I just cant seam to find decent people in the state of Florida anymore.

Robbing charities has to be the lowest of the lows, no morals, or regards, or even compassion for that matter. And now their robbing church's, and the church goers vehicles!!

I'm ready for the big move to a nice quite town far away from the city life.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mad212 said:
Sigh, I still remember when I could walk down the street and not have to be strapped with a vest on. I hate stupid people, equally, of all races, creeds, colors!! I give the benefit of doubt to everybody, and believe innocent till proven guilty, but man I just cant seam to find decent people in the state of Florida anymore.

Robbing charities has to be the lowest of the lows, no morals, or regards, or even compassion for that matter. And now their robbing church's, and the church goers vehicles!!

I'm ready for the big move to a nice quite town far away from the city life.

My grandparents live in a town like that, where they own a lot of lake front property on the out-skirts... but the city has become a crack den for Katrina victims and the stupid people around Texas who want to go somewhere where they can't be caught....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts