MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is another "Why I hate _____" thread for ya...

HOUSTON, TX, US 11/12/2007 6:35 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

NEW ORLEANS, LA, US 11/09/2007 2:46 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

11/09/2007 1:57 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

So it takes... 63 hours and 49 minutes to go from New Orleans to Houston... WHAT? Google maps says from the center of New Orleans to the center of Houston is 347 mi – about 5 hours 24 mins of travels... how does that turn into 63 hours and 49 minutes? I could have had my K98k today, NO~

I hate waiting... also...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Got an issue use a tissue
:wink:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I hate waiting too. I bought a CZ 452 from Bud's back in early August. Had it sent directly to a gunsmith for work, and to this day have not seen it. And to think that the guy I sent it to is someone everyone rants and raves about. "His turn-around times are usually within a week..." Right. :roll:

I've got two other guns I'm still waiting on as well, but they're being held up because of lazy ass FFL's.

Seems nobody wants to do their f__king jobs these days.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
josh said:
I hate waiting too. I bought a CZ 452 from Bud's back in early August. Had it sent directly to a gunsmith for work, and to this day have not seen it. And to think that the guy I sent it to is someone everyone rants and raves about. "His turn-around times are usually within a week..." Right. :roll:

I've got two other guns I'm still waiting on as well, but they're being held up because of lazy butt FFL's.

WOW
That... is my only comment

·
Registered
490 Posts
I hate UPS cuz they tossed christmas gifts over my balcony and didn't leave a note. I was going to call and say it was glass and expensive and now it's ruined but I didn't much care. I'm just glad it was an iron fajita set. They also won't let me pick something up until after 7 and they really don't like that. FedEx will let me sign for the packedge and leave it at the door.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've had UPS toss a package with a new GPS over the fence for the dog to use as a chew toy. Of course he didn't leave a door tag so I didn't discover it was back there until the dog and sprinklers had their way with it for a week.

Back when I was still working for a fortune 50 I had 150 PCs monitors and related gear to get 150 sales types in 48 of 50 states. UPS "lost" 5% of them. We eventually discovered that it was cheaper to FedEx overnight than UPS ground because of "lost" shipments.

It seems like their service has improved in the last couple of years. Maybe that's because I'm out in the sticks. The nearest station is 30 miles away.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm not sure how improved it is...

BRYAN,

TX, US 11/07/2007 7:30 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

11/07/2007 7:34 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY / THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE

Now I will probably go home and find it on my front porch... any idea what is in it?

MI_Jester

·
Registered
708 Posts
Veterans day

maybe they paid some respect like everyone should...

if you need it faster pay for it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
darklyte24 said:
Veterans day

maybe they paid some respect like everyone should...

if you need it faster pay for it.

No, they do that on every weekend. UPS ground means no movement Sat/Sun.

Also, there is stuff that CAN'T be sent via aircraft... so... kinda hard to get it faster.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MI_Jester said:

BRYAN,

11/07/2007 7:34 A.M. AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY / THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE

Now I will probably go home and find it on my front porch... any idea what is in it?

MI_Jester

I don't know, but I had the same experience with them 2 times in one week...

My stippled backstraps from Mike (Olyeller) was delayed a week b/c it was lost at a UPS hub... and they delivered a set of $500 67 lb fuel injectors for my trans am to (quite literally) a crack addict who tried to pawn them for money... luckily the cops caught her w/ arrest warrants and I got the phone call saying they had my stuff. The lady lived 5 streets away... not even the same street address...

Yea... I secretly like UPS, but... yea...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I worked for FedEx in college for a year and will always use them. No matter if its more expensive. They are truely the better company. Plus its simple to get a refund if a shipment is missorted. Which only happen once to me once out of 30 some items sent, and it was only 1 day late(overnight item)

·
Registered
293 Posts
MI_Jester said:

BRYAN,

MI_Jester

Last Year's Fruitcake from your aunt ...

Don't worry, it's still good!

·
Registered
280 Posts
How responsible of them! Good thing the neighborhood kids don't have x-ray goggles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Onuma said:
How responsible of them! Good thing the neighborhood kids don't have x-ray goggles.
they dont need the goggles, all ammo shipped via ups must say "orm-d small arms ammunition" on the outside of the box. I had a fight with my local ups manager for leaving ammo on the front porch, they told me no one knows what is in the box. I explaind to her their shipping regs. regarding the above and that shut her right up. I no longer have that problem. if I'm not home they leave a tag, and I go down and pick it up that night after I get home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts