MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why some of you are getting multiple M&P's in different calibers?

Just to collect to whole set for display?

I can see a full size and a compact for carry/backup.

Just wondering.

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Olav said:
Just wondering why some of you are getting multiple M&P's in different calibers? Just to collect to whole set for display? I can see a full size and a compact for carry/backup. Just wondering. Thanks!
I can't answer your question. I'd rather have guns in different calibers by different makers. I'd like my next purchase to be a Taurus PT 1911. Here's a review from Shooting Times.

Variity is the spice of life....

·
Registered
341 Posts
I only have the 40 & 45 M&P (40 came first) and for me it was about the feel in the hand. The 40 was my first handgun purchase and it's the one that's felt the best out of everything I held. When the 45 came out i thought I'd stick to something I know I'd probably like .... which was a good way to go I think since I like the 45 just as much as the 40.

But I'm thinking my next one might be a Beretta PX4 Storm ..... mainly for something different then the M&P (striker vs hammer, rotating barrel)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm more than likely looking to add another M&P, definately a .45 I just haven't decided if I want the fullsize or compact. Chances are, the M&P45c will be released in a couple months, I just need to decide if I want another compact M&P. I'm leaning toward full size at the moment so I can represent both sizes from the M&P family. I want to add a 1911 to the collection and have looked at the Taurus PT1911 as well, looks to be a solid piece and WAY cheaper than any 1911 you'll ever find. I like Kimber's Tactical II, but it's about $1100. I think the PT1911 can be had in the blue steel for $600, not a bad price at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own two because they fulfill different purposes. The .45 is my home protection and is left in a locked GunVault safe for quick access. The .40c is my daily carrier. I liked the .45 so much I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it and picked another for my CCW.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had as many as 10 1911's at once and I thought that was over the top....I'm down to 1 -1911, 1-Glock, 1- S&W 642 and 2 M&P's a 9mm and a 45 acp

When I had all those 1911's I thought they were the forbidden fruit...now that I can carry pretty much whatever I want at work I've found that for me the 1911 is not the ideal duty gun... for me... for me (no flames please). I plan on working with the M&P's to see if they are up to replacing my G19 duty weapon...I do like the 45 acp as a defensive/duty round.

·
Registered
197 Posts
greatzippy said:
I only have the 40 & 45 M&P (40 came first) and for me it was about the feel in the hand. The 40 was my first handgun purchase and it's the one that's felt the best out of everything I held. When the 45 came out i thought I'd stick to something I know I'd probably like .... which was a good way to go I think since I like the 45 just as much as the 40.

But I'm thinking my next one might be a Beretta PX4 Storm ..... mainly for something different then the M&P (striker vs hammer, rotating barrel)

Im also looking at a Px4Storm as well. I shot one and liked it. Im torn on the rotating barrel. I have read it makes it accurate, but it worries me that more moving parts like that could jam, etc

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here is my reasoning.

.45-favorite carry round. best stopping power overall in my opinion.

9mm-least expensive to shoot and mildest recoiling for introducing newbies to firearms.

40/357-I like the convertability between calibers. both are still excellent stoppers(for handgun) and 357 especially has characteristics that are an advantage in certain cituations where a flatter/longer distance shot might be needed.

The reason for the different sizes is obvious.

The reason for the same platform/gun is that they all operate the same. Everone stresses training to establish muscle memory so when we are under stress we automatically perform as trained. When you constantly switch from a single action 1911 with a thumb safety that swipes up and down, to a double action Beretta with safety that swipes forward and backward to a striker/DA glock with no manual safety it is easy to see how one could screw-up under preasure. Using the same platform ALL the time is much more consistent therefore the benefit from training is much higher.

Make sense to me!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Cause they can. The same reason I have way too many Finn M39's. Cause I can.

Unfortunately I can't have as many Garands as I'd like, she says so

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I would like my 40 full size and carry and then the same setup for competition.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I would actually like the .357 caliber in all my M&P hand guns. It has the same recoil, no mistakes reloading, I could use it in my auto-loaders and a revolver and best of all, it has the same price at the store.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It ain't nothin but money. Why let it stand in the way of happiness?

·
Registered
308 Posts
For me, I have the 45 as primary home defense and while working/open carry. I have the 9c for CCW and when I just want a lighter carry or am wasting ammo.

tigs40cal said:
There are other brands ??
Fixed it for ya tigs...

·
Registered
910 Posts
1. Because I already own every other gun that I want.

2. Because it brings me more joy than buying my wife diamonds, or something similar.

3. Because I just love giving Dan Burwell all my money.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
josh said:
1. Because I already own every other gun that I want.

2. Because it brings me more joy than buying my wife diamonds, or something similar.

3. Because I just love giving Dan Burwell all my money.

Well said, brother...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Because I can. It is like a disease or something. I had several toys to play with as a kid, why not as an adult?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
They are very similar to eating potato chips, you cant have but just one....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts