MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised that I'm not finding a thriving aftermarket like you see with Glock - the full-sized M&P has been around long enough.

Where are the aftermarket strikers and other small "speed" components?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
It takes time. Companies have to R&D, make prototypes, and T&E new products.

It's expensive and time consuming for companies, but stuff will come out.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
keep in mind the broad support for the glock ocmes after being around for many years, and being used by many police departments and in competition for many years.

For example, the XD got a nice foothold in competition, and we are just starting to see 3rd party parts for the pistol.

The M&P has had some amazingly quick support in terms of holsters sights, etc. The rest will come with time.

·
Registered
240 Posts
m4arc said:
These guys covered it but keep in mind the M&P has only been around for 14 months now.

I'll pile on some more. The M&P is still a baby in gun years. It's not even fully exposed and known to gun shops in the smaller markets. Hell even in the Atlanta area, you're only starting to see a few M&P full size. The compact is even more rare.

Give time, a few more years. There are already replacement sights by Warren, Yam and Burwell. What else do you need when you got perfection

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's my point - it's been over a year. By this point in Glock's history we were already seeing some speed parts. Hopefully they'll start showing up shortly!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
HeavyDuty said:
That's my point - it's been over a year. By this point in Glock's history we were already seeing some speed parts. Hopefully they'll start showing up shortly!

what do you consider a speed part? I'm not recalling much in the way of fancy parts back in 1989, much less wide availability.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not quite sure what you guys are referring to as far as "speed" parts go. We have a decent number of sights and holsters available. Brownells pretty much sells every component you may want to stock (strikers, sear blocks...) We have atleast 2 qualified smiths that do great work at a great price and within good time constraints. From my perspective there are 2 things missing.

1. cheap mags

2. 22LR conversion

·
Registered
59 Posts
Barrels !

May I put in a gripe for wishing you could get .357Sig barrels for my 40c. Wah, wah & wah again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think that one of the reasons also is that the M&P comes with the parts that you might have purchased, aftermarket for your glock.

For example; metal guide rod. M&P already has it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Give it time. The M&P family is new. Anybody recall the HS2000 (now the XD)? When it first came out, you couldn't find jack for it. No holsters, no springs, no guide rods, nothing. Hell, the only reason that you could find after market sights was because the Croatians decided to use SIG dovetails. Now look at the market. Sights, springs, guide rods etc. are becoming available. It just takes time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Compensator

I am looking for these parts for the mp .40 Compensator, magwell housing, extended mag plate, mounting plate for red dot sight. Any ideas. I have a Sig Mosquito with the Reddot and the rail attachment man it almost fits the mp but the slide is just a little too wide.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts