MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me a stay-at-home mommy now! 8) Just recently the company she's worked with for about 3 years merged with a larger company from Canada. Everyone was told nobody would be fired once the merge happened, and I told a bunch of them if they belived that they were stupid - my wife included. About two weeks ago they fired 16 people they no longer needed, and today my wife got the boot. Seems like this time of year is pretty popular for firing folks. I remember with companies I used to work for before I joined the military they always fired before Christmas.



I was supposed to pick her up today to go Christmas tree shopping afterwork, and I got there about 10 minutes early and got a call from a cryin' wife telling me the news. I went up stairs to help her pack, she's crying, I'm laughing(because afterall, it's just a damn job), and people are giving their typical fake apologies with the usual, "Oh, wow, we had no idea," "Keep in touch," "Try to have a Merry Christmas anyways..." yada yada.



Of course she's all worried about it, but I really don't care - now I've got someone to play XBOX with all day, and go shooting with. Now we get to make the decision as to whether or not she finds a new job, or just permanently becomes a stay-at-home mommy and watches our 16 month old daughter, and our son who she's currently 5 months pregnant with whilest also finishing up college. She can stay at home all she wants as long as she doesn't interupt my internet surfin'.




The real bad news is we didn't get out to the tree farm in time thanks to the idiots she worked with all giving their comments, hugs, and all that crap - so now I get to be dragged out again tomorrow for that. But on a good side note I ordered a set of LG-405 CTC grips, a S&W 442, and a Galco horsehide pocket holster this morning. Should all be in by the 5th of December! Woohoo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Sorry to hear the news. It always comes in the last quarter of the year, right around holiday time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
I am on the reverse side of you my friend :wink: my wife just recently started working part-time the first time since she got pregnant so I am glad you got your wish and I am glad I got mine :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
josh said:
Got me a stay-at-home mommy now! 8) Just recently the company she's worked with for about 3 years merged with a larger company from Canada. Everyone was told nobody would be fired once the merge happened, and I told a bunch of them if they belived that they were stupid - my wife included. About two weeks ago they fired 16 people they no longer needed, and today my wife got the boot. Seems like this time of year is pretty popular for firing folks. I remember with companies I used to work for before I joined the military they always fired before Christmas.



I was supposed to pick her up today to go Christmas tree shopping afterwork, and I got there about 10 minutes early and got a call from a cryin' wife telling me the news. I went up stairs to help her pack, she's crying, I'm laughing(because afterall, it's just a damn job), and people are giving their typical fake apologies with the usual, "Oh, wow, we had no idea," "Keep in touch," "Try to have a Merry Christmas anyways..." yada yada.



Of course she's all worried about it, but I really don't care - now I've got someone to play XBOX with all day, and go shooting with. Now we get to make the decision as to whether or not she finds a new job, or just permanently becomes a stay-at-home mommy and watches our 16 month old daughter, and our son who she's currently 5 months pregnant with whilest also finishing up college. She can stay at home all she wants as long as she doesn't interupt my internet surfin'.




The real bad news is we didn't get out to the tree farm in time thanks to the idiots she worked with all giving their comments, hugs, and all that crap - so now I get to be dragged out again tomorrow for that. But on a good side note I ordered a set of LG-405 CTC grips, a S&W 442, and a Galco horsehide pocket holster this morning. Should all be in by the 5th of December! Woohoo!




Blame Canada!!!!!!!
[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
101Combat Vet said:
I am on the reverse side of you my friend :wink: my wife just recently started working part-time the first time since she got pregnant so I am glad you got your wish and I am glad I got mine :wink:


Congrats, Jason! Even her just having a part time job will be a relief to you. My wife's full-time job paid pretty decent, but with daycare costs and a second kid on the way her staying home won't actually be that bad. I might have to shell out a few more dollars for something she used to cover, but at least I won't have to pay $1,240/mo for childcare! It's currently $160/week per kid, and usually goes up $10 every 3-4 months, and no discount for having multiple kids there. No thanks!



My wife still wants to have a job as she has never had the desire to be a "housewife," or a mooch. She likes having something to do, but I think she'll like staying home with the kids even more. I actually prefer it because she's an absolutely wonderful mom, and I trust her more than anyone with our daughter.



mikenkansas said:
Blame Canada!!!!!!!




As we were walking out for the last time today, and I jacked a handful of candy out of the dish on the receptionists desk, I did say something about Canada jokingly, but I'll be damned if I don't remember it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
josh said:
but at least I won't have to pay $1,240/mo for childcare!


That my friend is why we waited until she got into school
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
Right on brother, well kind of. You save big bucks with your wife watching the kids. Plus like you said, now you have your buddy back too....
And we all know your wife doesnt need to work, Josh is a Bill Gates in desguise




And oh yeaaaah more goodies on the way! Congrats brother, you deserve it. And please....Like I always say, post pics :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finalfusion said:
Right on brother, well kind of. You save big bucks with your wife watching the kids. Plus like you said, now you have your buddy back too....
And we all know your wife doesnt need to work, Josh is a Bill Gates in desguise




And oh yeaaaah more goodies on the way! Congrats brother, you deserve it. And please....Like I always say, post pics :wink:




A buddy is always nice to have around, but we'll see how long we can stand each other around the house all day.
I give it 2 weeks before I'm locked up in a room on the net, and she's in another room calling up places trying to get a job just to get out of the house.
I'll probably get a lot of, "Hey babe you should go shooting today," or "You should really go hunting today," comments here soon.



I'll get some decent pics of it. Hopefully Santa will bring me a non-suckass camera for Christmas so I can finally take some not-so-crappy/fuzzy photos!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
mikenkansas said:
Blame Canada!!!!!!!
[/b]


GASP! .. but but .. were not ALL bad up here!!! I swear!



To be honest though, I just got back to work after a 2 month lay-off .. so maybe there is something to that about Canadian Companies :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
That sucks, anything I can do to help out. No, I want do the diaper thing either, but almost anything else, well maybe...



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
josh said:
I'll get some decent pics of it. Hopefully Santa will bring me a non-suckass camera for Christmas so I can finally take some not-so-crappy/fuzzy photos!


I will believe that when I see it...



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
P.S. Dont forget my favorite cow...



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
I work in retail, so our best time to pay up on the bills is the holidays. But then the day after Christmas, people get let go. It's sad. One of these days it'll be me. Whether they fire me or I walk, it'll feel the same. Maybe then I can start to enjoy my holidays again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
FieroCDSP said:
I work in retail, so our best time to pay up on the bills is the holidays. But then the day after Christmas, people get let go. It's sad. One of these days it'll be me. Whether they fire me or I walk, it'll feel the same. Maybe then I can start to enjoy my holidays again.


Ever since I took over my current job, i've felt amazing, but... uh... I have no time to play RO with ya... at least not yet. I'm racking up enough over time to get a couple of things done, pay some bills and schtuff, and i'll be shooting NAZIs with you again.



As far as your wife quitting... my fiancee won't even get a damn job. You'll find it annoying VERY soon... VERY VERY soon.
 

·
Site Staff
Joined
·
9,618 Posts
Yep, been there, done that, I didn't believe my coworkers, they were right, I was wrong!



Thank goodness I'm retired now and don't have to fool with that crap anymore!



I hope everything works out for you and your family.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
Blame Canada? Isn't that from South Park?
3





I say we invade Canada and take it over, kick all the citizens to the sandbox and let your wife run that there company! :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
I got cut the day before Thanksgiving... so I know the feeling. Unfortunately, in my divorce I took all of the debt so I am SOL until I can get a new job. Wish me luck. Granholm has done wonders for the Michigan economy.



MI_Jester
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top