MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up a new M&P9 Compact for my wife yesterday, SKU 209704. It has no Internal Lock and no Mag Safety. We paid $489.00 and got a $230.00 credit for her Sigma 9VE as a trade-in...so we feel we got a pretty good deal. She has carried and shot the Sigma for over three years and shot it very well, but I must say I was amazed the first time she shot the M&P. Shooting the very first magazine she put all 12 rounds dead center at 10 yards and there was only one hole about the size of a quarter in the target. She put another 200 rounds through the gun first time out without any failures of any kind and I think the smile on her face is going to last a couple of weeks! Needless to say, she loves the gun and it will be her daily companion. We are now a two M&P family!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congrats on your new found friend.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How does your wife carry her mp? I am thinking of getting a mp9c for my wife. My wife is not very big. Only about 110 lbs. What do you think about carrying in a fanny pack?

thanks for all the help

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of the time she carries it in her Coronado concealed carry purse, or else in a fanny pack. I have a Coronado concealed carry leather vest that I use to carry my M&P, in the summer I carry my 642 in my shorts pocket. Both have a lifetime guarantee. After 3 years a zipper on her purse gave out and it was repaired at no charge.

http://www.coronadoleather.com/

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Arizona Smithshooter said:
We picked up a new M&P9 Compact for my wife yesterday, SKU 209704. It has no Internal Lock and no Mag Safety. We paid $489.00 and got a $230.00 credit for her Sigma 9VE as a trade-in...so we feel we got a pretty good deal. She has carried and shot the Sigma for over three years and shot it very well, but I must say I was amazed the first time she shot the M&P. Shooting the very first magazine she put all 12 rounds dead center at 10 yards and there was only one hole about the size of a quarter in the target. She put another 200 rounds through the gun first time out without any failures of any kind and I think the smile on her face is going to last a couple of weeks! Needless to say, she loves the gun and it will be her daily companion. We are now a two M&P family!

A lot of bad things have been said about the Sigma trigger but it is one of the best training (and practical use) pistols on the market. When you master trigger control on the Sigma, shooting guns with a lighter trigger becomes a snap. My SW9VE is one of my car and home defense guns. I'll probably never part with it.

My wife carries a S & W 642 in a Coronado purse occasionally and a belly band sometimes. We are in the process of researching various 1911's in compact or Commander size for another carry gun for her.

I just bought a S & W MP Compact to keep my MP40 company. Both are great shooting pistols and very accurate. Not only great self defence guns but fantastic & fun range pistols. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts