MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news is that my wife loves to shoot, she has her CCW and she is considering additions to our gun collection for both of us.

Now for the bad news, she is considering trading in her S&W 642 for a Springfield XD .40!

I have let her shoot my M&P 9 and 9c numerous times, but she is still leaning towards the XD!! I even offered to give her my 9c for CCW and I would carry my 9 full size, but she is not going for it. She went to the gun shop today and spent about an hour handling both the XD and the M&P and she said that the XD grip felt better. Maybe it's just me, but I held 3 different models of the XD pistols and they were not as comfortable as the M&P.

Any suggestions as to how to turn her back to the M&P?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Pull up alot of negative reviews on the XD and have her read them....lmao

Personally I like the XD, but not as much as my MP!!!

Hope this helps brother....lol

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
finalfusion said:
Pull up alot of negative reviews on the XD and have her read them....lmao

Ruthless :twisted:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
:twisted: And you know this brother....lol :twisted:

Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='finalfusion']Pull up alot of negative reviews on the XD and have her read them....lmao

Ruthless :twisted:[/quote]

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
blastard said:
Have you used the Croatia card?

No red-blooded American buys a pistol a Muslim built!

Very nice, I like that...
Besides that I have been there and trust me brothers and sisters I would NOT buy a Coca-cola there if it were the last drink of fluid on Earth...

·
Registered
298 Posts
If it fits her hand and she shoots it well let her use it. It may someday save her life.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gotm4 said:
If it fits her hand and she shoots it well let her use it. It may someday save her life.

Good point gotm4. Her personal safety and that of our home and children is the most important thing to consider. The brand of gun and where it is made is not as important if it does the job that it is intended to do.

She is struggling with the whole Croatia thing as well but maybe if I buy a few more S&Ws, this will alleviate her guilt?

·
Registered
112 Posts
When you said about her holding both the XD and the M&P at the gun shop, I did the exact same thing at my gun shop. I picked them both up, pointed them, dry fired them, dumped the clips everything. The M&P felt light years better to me. It gripped better. Felt more balanced in my hand, and was easier to work the slide release, and drop the clips. So I went with the M&P of course, but what ever feels more comfortable to her is what she should get.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Springfield makes a nice gun...too bad not Mass compliant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you used the Croatia card?

No red-blooded American buys a pistol a Muslim built!

Croatians are usually catholic. I would bet most of the workers at the XD factory are catholic.

https://cia.gov/library/publications/the-wo...ok/geos/hr.html

"Roman Catholic 87.8%, Orthodox 4.4%, other Christian 0.4%, Muslim 1.3%..."

1.3%, wow the US has about the same moslem percentage, you're as likely to get a moslem made pistol from S&W as you are from XD.

The Armalite Pistol is Turkish. CZ and a whole bunch of other companies import turkish shotguns, probably a lot of moslems work at those factories. Some ammo we buy in the US is made in Bosnia, along with ethnic Serbs & croats there are a lot of moslems there. And of course a significant percentage of the crude oil that was refined into the gas we use to drive to the range came from predominately moslem countries.

Remember, there are a billion moslems in the world, if a million of them hate us that still leaves 99.9% who potentially are very good people..... probably a lot of those who work at the aforementioned turkish & bosnian gun & ammo factories are good folks.

I would prefer American made products where possible, we have a significant trade deficit. I do like the MP better than the XD.

Shoot good

Poole

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
gotm4 said:

i have to agree, to each is own. The fact that she shoots is awesome!

·
Registered
51 Posts
XD or M&P....I still wouldn't let her get rid of that 642!!
Just a great gun to have for carrying purposes...extremely light and can go just about anywhere. I'd just add the XD/M&P to the collection hehe. But I agree I wish I could get my wife into shooting/carrying, you're lucky in that regard!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Wife has a new TRR8....

After shooting a 642 anything would probably feel better to her. My wife has a 642 but hates to shoot it. I have a 442 and have to agree it's not a fun range gun but my wife and I both agree it's a very good self defense tool and is often with us. She really likes her Baby Desert Eagle 9mm even better than my MPs but that's just because he started shooting with D.E. and is used to it.

Just last week she bought a S & W TRR8 Model 327 Revolver. She has been wanting a 357 magnum revolver since she likes my S & W 686 so much. We will be taking the TRR8 to the range this week hopefully. Can't wait to shoot it! 8)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts