MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda hate to start another holster thread, but ...

Any experience with Will Bill's Concealment fusion paddle OWB holster? It looks like it will fill my need for a quick "throw on/take off" OWB holster. Any coupon/discount codes would also be helpful ('tis the time of the season, after all!).

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters. I stopped being a customer because of extended delayed delivery,quality issues, and lack of honesty. Those previously mentioned discrepancies may have been corrected since I quit being a customer. I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters. I stopped being a customer because of extended delayed delivery,quality issues, and lack of honesty. Those previously mentioned discrepancies may have been corrected since I quit being a customer. I hope it works out for you.
Geeze, not a resounding endorsement! I checked out some reviews online and have seen the same pattern. Okay, any suggestions for a leather paddle/clip on OWB for my Shield?

·
Registered
144 Posts
My Comp-tac paddle broke where it bends over the top of the belt as I was getting out of a friends pickup truck and my G23 clattered to the pavement in the middle of the parking lot. It might make a good range holster but that's about it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My Comp-tac paddle broke where it bends over the top of the belt as I was getting out of a friends pickup truck and my G23 clattered to the pavement in the middle of the parking lot. It might make a good range holster but that's about it.
Did you contact Comp-Tac and if so what was their response?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did you contact Comp-Tac and if so what was their response?
No I did not contact them and I'm still a customer. I like their holsters but some designs are more suitable for certain uses than others.

I found that when sitting down in a chair the muzzle would sometimes drag on the chair and when sliding across a seat the muzzle had a lot of leverage against the area where the Kydex bends over the top of the belt and would slightly flex that area.

Over time the constant flexing weakened the Kydex until it finally broke. The same thing would have happened with any other makers holster of the same design and material.

If my paddle had been for a G26, the shorter muzzle would probably have alleviated the problem. Body shape, how high you wear your belt, whether you slouch or sit up straight (like your mother told you), and barrel length all would play a factor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The fusion paddle sure looked like my solution, so I ordered one from Wild Bill. The bad reviews seemed pretty old (most over 2 years), so I emailed him with my question and he answered the next day. He told me my holster is in stock and will ship at the end of the week.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know Bill personally. He makes top quality stuff and is a good guy. Call and talk to them about what you want and how it will be used. That being said, I own Comptac as well...
Since you know Bill, what went wrong with his business to the extend of the dramatic degrade in product quality and extended delivery beyond what was promised. What I experienced was not unique because there were a substantial number of other vocal customer complaints also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The fusion paddle sure looked like my solution, so I ordered one from Wild Bill. The bad reviews seemed pretty old (most over 2 years), so I emailed him with my question and he answered the next day. He told me my holster is in stock and will ship at the end of the week.
Received the fusion paddle holster a couple of days after Christmas. The leather looked a little rough, but I polished it up with some of the leather conditioner Bill markets. Looked really good after I applied and buffed it up. But I ordered this holster for more than appearance. It keeps the Shield in tight to my body whether I'm carrying at 3, 4, or cross draw (I have to unscrew and readjust the paddle for cross draw). I love the easy on-off of the paddle and (for me) this is the perfect winter holster for my Shield. I think I made a good choice.

Comm wise, Bill contacted me a couple of days after I made the order to let me know when it would ship, so I have no complaint as a customer. Damned good product.

John

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a High Noon holster for my 45c. It is called the "topless" version. It is a molded holster with options of horse or cowhide, lined or not. It is a high quality holster and holds the pistol quite securely. It is not a cheap holster but I really like it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Received the fusion paddle holster a couple of days after Christmas. The leather looked a little rough, but I polished it up with some of the leather conditioner Bill markets. Looked really good after I applied and buffed it up. But I ordered this holster for more than appearance. It keeps the Shield in tight to my body whether I'm carrying at 3, 4, or cross draw (I have to unscrew and readjust the paddle for cross draw). I love the easy on-off of the paddle and (for me) this is the perfect winter holster for my Shield. I think I made a good choice.

Comm wise, Bill contacted me a couple of days after I made the order to let me know when it would ship, so I have no complaint as a customer. Damned good product.

John
I just wanted to add that I have a Wild Bills "Covert Carry" for a Kahr P9 that I bought back in (I think) 1999. The Kahr had issues and I didn't keep it around long but a short while later I re-molded it to fit an HK P7.

It's still going strong after all these years and I use it almost daily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A late addition to this string. But I ordered an OWB Fusion paddle holster from Wild Bill's in 2017 for an S&W Shield 9MM with laser sight. The website said 6-8 weeks. It took 10-12. But I understand at the time Bill was quite ill and family was trying to take up the slack. Anyway, the holster arrived and it was an excellent product. It has supported me with nearly daily CC to the present. And the holster looks as good today as the day it arrived. Great product, a bit slow (at the time) on delivery. But all-in-all, I have been very pleased with my purchase. Mine is a top quality product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have dealt with Bill, his customer support is horrendous. He lacks common decency to communicate with his customers

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts