MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
carteach0 said:
Will the compact accept magazines meant for the full size M+P?

Just curious.

The 17 rd magazine sticks out of the butt of the compact about 1 inch, but it works just fine. It did not seem to adversely affect the handling characteristics, such as balance and aim, of the pistol either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone make a polymer or rubber sleeves that could be used to cover the space when using fullsize mags with the compact pistol?

·
Registered
367 Posts
not yet but I'm thinking about making a temporary fix for mine. I don't have any plastic fab skills so I'm going to use rubber. I don't mind it though, may not mess with it. I'm used to using the short mag.

Oh and the full size mags hold 18. Before you call me an idiot, go try it (I had to eat crow twice over this already). You'll have to set the mag on something to be able to get it in there but it works. I've only ran 2 mags through mine like that but it seems to be fine.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
johndoe-

Thanks for the answer. I'm gonna have to try squeezing 18 rounds in my mags. Does this do anything to the mag internals?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I had trouble seating the "18" round mag last night at a match. I won't be doing that anymore.

Good advice Yukon. If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been making some holsters and other things with kydex. I'm going to make a spacer sleeve with some .90 kydex. I'll make an over lapping lip on the back side then use some superglue to keep it together. Add some RTV black silicone to the inside to keep it tight and ensure its snug. If it works then I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Added pic

swiftdraw said:
Does anyone make a polymer or rubber sleeves that could be used to cover the space when using fullsize mags with the compact pistol?
I made a sleeve for mine with .060 black Kydex that works great.

I'll get a picture up later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts