MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you guys/gals think MP pistols will get the newer triggers from the Shield Plus and change other things soon? I'm debating getting a full size MP in 45acp soon. Another thing is that it's getting hard to find any full size MPs at all in 45acp at least in person where I live. I don't buy gun online.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You might really like the M&P in .45 acp. I got one of the "compacts" a couple years back. Most accurate full sized M&P I own.

I know people say the 2.0 triggers are fine and really, they're not too bad. But the Apex trigger kits for the 2.0's result in an awesome trigger feel/action. I "apexed" both my 2.0's.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You might really like the M&P in .45 acp. I got one of the "compacts" a couple years back. Most accurate full sized M&P I own.

I know people say the 2.0 triggers are fine and really, they're not too bad. But the Apex trigger kits for the 2.0's result in an awesome trigger feel/action. I "apexed" both my 2.0's.
I've found that as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not a long time M&P owner, and as they are I feel they're pretty well done but if I were steering the boat over there, here's what I would do.

Make the slide stop usable, as they come out of the box, they're unusable to release the slide. See pic of extended vs. stock.
Add a slide cut for optics. Not my cup-o-tea but the flexibility to be able to add one is a GR8 marketing tool.
Make the trigger available or standard in aluminum and the pull at LEAST as good as aftermarket. "Not too bad" of a description doesn't cut it.
Have rail-less models available (I ground mine off) many do not like rails.
Make full length models more readily available it took me forever (I also do not buy online) to find 5" .40's locally.
Bean counters pull fine guns off the market for lack of sales, with CNC I think it's unwise to pull every model with low sales. As an example, the .357 Sig should still be available even if on a limited basis..

·
Registered
174 Posts
The 5 inch .40 is my preferred MP also. I have added to the slide release also by tig welding and have some silver solder here to try out as a way to add to the release. Stiffer thumb safety would be welcome also and have tried a few things for that. On one of my early models I modified the off side safety lever to lock the slide when the safety was on as a 1911 does.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts

I had an Apex Trigger in my M&P .45 ACP and it dies nicely. Noticeably better than stock trigger

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm not a long time M&P owner, and as they are I feel they're pretty well done but if I were steering the boat over there, here's what I would do.

Make the slide stop usable, as they come out of the box, they're unusable to release the slide. See pic of extended vs. stock.
Performance Center, Pro Series and CORE guns have the extended slide stop.
Add a slide cut for optics. Not my cup-o-tea but the flexibility to be able to add one is a GR8 marketing tool.
The 5", 4.25", Compact and Shield are all available with the slide cut for red dots.
Make the trigger available or standard in aluminum and the pull at LEAST as good as aftermarket. "Not too bad" of a description doesn't cut it.
Apex offers aluminum triggers and greatly improved trigger pulls. I expect the lawyers have nixed making Apex-quality trigger pulls standard.
Have rail-less models available (I ground mine off) many do not like rails.
Weapons mounted lights and lasers are too popular for this to happen. S&W has enough SKUs that it isn't eager to add more low-sales items.
Make full length models more readily available it took me forever (I also do not buy online) to find 5" .40's locally.
5" 9 mm guns are readily available. .40 is slipping rapidly in popularity and finding any version is going to be harder, particularly a specialty model like the 5". A lot of companies don't even offer .40 in their newest guns.
Bean counters pull fine guns off the market for lack of sales, with CNC I think it's unwise to pull every model with low sales. As an example, the .357 Sig should still be available even if on a limited basis..
If .40 is losing ground, why make .357 Sig guns which were slow sellers right from the beginning. Continuing to make slow selling products is a recipe for business failure. You can get a conversion barrel for your .40 if you really want a .357.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts