MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. First post. Neat forum.

I have read that when the .45 is rolled out, it will have a frame-mounted safety a la 1911. Does anyone know if there will be a "plain" version available as well? I.e., configured the way the current M&P's are?

Either way I'm holding out for a .45 even though I can hardly stand it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Finally a slide safety! Gimmie!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I thought the rumors I heard were about a frame mounted safety.

If it is a slide mounted safety that would be a deal breaker for me, I never have figured out how to take one of those off smoothly and safely during a draw.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If my understanding/memory is correct (and it may not be), the frame-mounted safety version was aimed at competing for the now DOA (?) U.S. military pistol. I am thinking the frame-mounted safety was per the specs. Again, I could be way off - this is of course the errornet.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
That's what's fun about the internet rumors, pick your favorite rumor!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The prototypes are in both the same config as the current M&P and with a frame mounted (1911'ish safety. Whether that will make it to production now that the military is balking on the new gun is anyones guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope the versions with the frame mounted safeties do make it to production---and would like to see the option offered in all calibers and on both the fullsize and compact models.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Has anyone seen any photos of the thumb safety? I'm just wondering given how thin the other external operating pieces on the MP are (slide lock and takedown lever), will the thumb safety also have a "low profile" so that it does not stick toooo far out from the side of the frame. And is it an ambi?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
All I'm getting from my contacts is we are guessing right, and he wants to know were we get our info 8) , and "no comment"

·
Registered
464 Posts
His dog talks too much.... he he. I got a katcam on his feline and I hacked his puter.:roll: :wink:

·
Registered
59 Posts
When is the .45 due out. Does any know if this will be the same price range as the .40? I have not owned a S&W since my 669 frame cracked. (Long time ago). I am looking to go back with a .45..

Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts