MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an M&P40c that has been perfect ... 1000 + rounds ... I was transitioning from Sig P229 which was wonderful if not big and heavy ... since carrying the M&P ... I may not go back to Sig ... the weight is modest ... the draw with CTAC is excellent ... I have a spare mag (full size with special spacer as provided on this board) ... it's all good ... I understand that there have been problems with the M&P ... and I am not diminishing those issues ... but I wonder how many folks have bought compacts and have been happy ... like me ... maybe I am wrong ... and just lucky ... but I would like to hear from those who are happy with their M&Pc ... thanks for your thoughts ... John

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a 9c and a 40c. I'd have a 45c if they made it :roll: . Never thought about the 357c but maybe

I have had NO problems out of mine at all. While I don't have 1000 rds through it I do have 500 or so through the 9c and 100 WWB through the 40c (all I took at the time).

I will be running another 200 to 300 round through the 40c and then christening it as my new carry

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have both a 9c and a 40c (and a full size 9, 40, and 45), and I have been completely satisfied with all of them.

I use the full-size .40 as a duty weapon. I'm going to the range to qualify with the 40c for off-duty this weekend.

·
Registered
599 Posts
happy

I just put another 150 rnds through my 40c Sunday with no problems. I also used

the new mag extention from Arredondo without a problem. My 40 full works just fine.

Keep the C. IMO

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a M&P 9c and put about 500 rounds through it every trip with anythin from wwb,silver bear, hydrashok, goldensabre, with not one malfuntion.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Wheres the mod team?????

:wink: :wink:

·
Registered
501 Posts
don't worry.......... be happy....... remember the song? Hopefully some of y'all will get it in your head and won't be able to shake it

ANd I'm Very Happy with my 40C

·
Registered
54 Posts
mikenkansas said:
don't worry.......... be happy....... remember the song? Hopefully some of y'all will get it in your head and won't be able to shake it

ANd I'm Very Happy with my 40C

Yes I remember, I was a disc jockey back in the eighties when that record came out. It was like pulling my teeth when I had to play it.

I do own the M&P 9c and 40c and have no problems with either of them. I lied, two weeks ago for some unknown reason my 9c's trigger didn't reset, just one time it did this. I'm still scratching my head on this one. Me and my girlfriend enjoy shooting the M&P compacts.

Dennis

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've had the mag issue twice while shooting, but it's not consistent. Overall, I'm a big fan of the M&P and love my 9c. My wife might get into shooting with me with and if she does, I may give up my 9c and get another one, or pick up a full-size 9MM.
Part of why I love this gun is this website

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have had the .40c for several months now. I love the gun!! No problems so far at all.

Ron

·
Registered
56 Posts
Only problem i have had is a FTF of my HP's but it's getting better the more i send a mag of them through it manually It will load and only hesitate for a split second now. only shot 24 rounds of win in 115 Jacket since i haven't had time or to get to the range again. But i use it as my CCW with confidence!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
You might want to reconsider manually cycling the rounds on a repeated basis. Set-back is a common problem, some think especially so with the M&P.

·
Registered
56 Posts
can you explain more? i didn't think it mattered if I cycled it or if hte gun firing did it! Hate to ruin my carry gun! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts