MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had UPS do a scheduled home pickup of a handgun. If I have to send mine back it is a pain to get to UPS for me and I do home pickup all the time...

·
Registered
115 Posts
don't tell them they are picking up a gun unless you want someone to steal it. What they don't know won't get ripped off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just as I thought, its federal law.

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

BKVic

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
When Smith&Wesson sends a shipping lable for warranty work UPS will pick up at your home. When the work is complete they will deliver it back to your home. You must not lable the package as containing a gun but MUST so advise the driver or UPS person the package is given to. You must sign for receipt of the package on its return. You may have to prove you are 21 or older prior to the package being released to your hands. Been there, done that.

:twisted:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All--thanks for all replies, will be giving it a shot next in a couple of weeks and will post what happened...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts