MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
USSA is a nice facility. I really like shooting there.

And it's awesome to have such great instruction close to home.

I plan to take some courses there next year.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I know three of the primary instructors at USSA.

Mike Seeklander used to be the head firearms instructor for the Federal Air Marshals, the agency with the best handgun fighting instruction I've ever seen. Mike played a major role developing and advancing their program while he was with the FAMs.

Phil Strader is a nationally-recognized top USPSA and IDPA competitor and an absolutely incredible shooter. He was a US Capitol Police officer for a number of years before going to work full time at USSA.

Erik Lund is an old friend from back when he was still a Virginia State Trooper and shot regularly at the NRA Range. We were all really sad to see him leave for his job as a fed in another state. Another absolutely excellent shooter and instructor, he was the first person who ever really got me thinking about the concept of "training speed for speed's sake."

While I haven't been to a USSA class personally, I'd feel confident recommending them. The facility is supposed to be fantastic and many of the guys on their staff truly are world-class.

edited to correct spelling error

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToddG said:
I know three of the primary instructors at USSA.

Mike Seeklander used to be the head firearms instructor for the Federal Air Marshals, the agency with the best handgun fighting instruction I've ever seen. Mike played a major role developing and advancing their program while he was with the FAMs.

Phil Strader is a nationally-recognized top USPSA and IDPA competitor and an absolutely incredible shooter. He was a US Capitol Police officer for a number of years before going to work full time at USSA.

Eric Lund is an old friend from back when he was still a Virginia State Trooper and shot regularly at the NRA Range. We were all really sad to see him leave for his job as a fed in another state. Another absolutely excellent shooter and instructor, he was the first person who ever really got me thinking about the concept of "training speed for speed's sake."

While I haven't been to a USSA class personally, I'd feel confident recommending them. The facility is supposed to be fantastic and many of the guys on their staff truly are world-class.

I thought you might know a few of these guys :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
That was aa great wounded hand drill at the end with both almost mimicking each other in unison, very impressive. I also want to know who they constructed their berms, to high and tampered to be done by heavy equipment. Great find, I would like to attend one day.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
WOW that would benefit anyone able to attend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts