MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are things you want to see for the M&P family of pistols???

Myself, the burning #1 is a .22 conversion kit for the full size pistols. I can't think of another thing for the gun that I'd enjoy more or get more use out of. I soooo hope someone (other than Ciener) makes one.

A good #2 is threaded barrels (I'm sure at some point someone will aftermarket these).

What would you like to see?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
As far as the market goes, a .22 upper and 5" models in every caliber would probably go over really well.

Stainless steel magazines would be nice.

Other than that, i'd like a 10mm model myself, just for grins.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It would be nice if they would offer a two-tone option...the slides already have a nice stainless finish at the factory before they coat them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
More aftermarket parts.

I would like to see a Dawson magwell, lightened steel striker from Lightning Strike, rounded edge saftey plunger Lghtning Strike, grip tape, Heinie sights, larger thumb slide release and a tungsten recoil rod. S&W should change the slide so that you can get a conversion barrel .40 to 9mm and etc. This is a big deal. With a Glock .40 you can go 9mm and 357 sig. Three in one. It was a mistake that S&W needs to consider. It would be nice if S&W would just keep the model on the barrel itself so that we could change out barrels without question. I'll hold off until I can go change a 40 to a 9mm. This would put the M&P over the top in my opinion. Stainless mags as pictured in Handgunner Tactical and a rear standard dovetail groove would be nice as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ditto on reasonable priced magazines for my 9c. I'd like a few spare, but they are salty.

I'd like to see a reasonable priced ($100 or under) S+W branded micro laser to fit the rail on my 9c.

I have a brilliant $40 one in my pocket that survives daily school use in an auto shop....

It can can be done.

More sight options..... but I know these are coming. I think I need to order one of Dans.

Oh...... a .45acp version! Not later.... NOW.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
carteach0 said:
Ditto on reasonable priced magazines for my 9c. I'd like a few spare, but they are salty.

I'd like to see a reasonable priced ($100 or under) S+W branded micro laser to fit the rail on my 9c.

I have a brilliant $40 one in my pocket that survives daily school use in an auto shop....

It can can be done.

More sight options..... but I know these are coming. I think I need to order one of Dans.

I have warren rears and factory front nights in stock, great combo btw.

I wish all of the mags were cheaper.

I don't want much, I think the pistol is nice as it is.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Jester said:

Oh boy, I know what I'm ordering!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jester....

Jester said:
[quote name='carteach0']Ditto on reasonable priced magazines for my 9c. I'd like a few spare, but they are salty.

It can can be done.

Do you have a beeter pic of what they look like installed on the M&P? Side view? The only pic I've seem of them is a rear view with no real detail. Thanks.

I don't want much, I think the pistol is nice as it is.[/quote]

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Re: Jester....

RCKnight said:
[quote name='Jester']

Do you have a beeter pic of what they look like installed on the M&P? Side view? The only pic I've seem of them is a rear view with no real detail. Thanks.

[/quote]

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=14752#14752

Warren rear, factory night front.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jester....

On the Warren rear sight, a few questions.

Do you carry this pistol CCW, and if so does the sight dig in at all?

The old style Novak target sights on my Comander dig fairly deep, and I have learned to think about this on a carry weapon.

Can you do one handed charging with this sight? Does it have enough edge to use in racking the slide against your belt with one hand disabled?

The factory S+W rear sight is much too smooth and rounded to be of use this way. NICE for carry, but not usable one handed to charge the pistol.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
carteach0 said:
Jester....

On the Warren rear sight, a few questions.

Do you carry this pistol CCW, and if so does the sight dig in at all?

The old style Novak target sights on my Comander dig fairly deep, and I have learned to think about this on a carry weapon.

Can you do one handed charging with this sight? Does it have enough edge to use in racking the slide against your belt with one hand disabled?

The factory S+W rear sight is much too smooth and rounded to be of use this way. NICE for carry, but not usable one handed to charge the pistol.

I carry this pistol everywhere I can by law.

No, its actually better than the factory in that aspect.

Ond handed is able to be done. I have a very thick belt I wear, and it works just fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
A model without that "accessory rail" part of the frame for flashlights, lasers, bayonets, iPods, and other assorted stuff people insist on hanging off the front of their handgun. It would also be marked something like "AC" (for Armed Civilian), or "CD" for (Citizen Defense), instead of the "Military & Police" designation. Having never been either, it was the thing that initially turned me off to the gun when it was first marketed by S&W (that and having once owned a Sigma!). Of course, when I put aside my personal prejudices and actually looked at the gun itself....well, yup, I bought one. But sinced you asked....!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts