MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried the .40 Wolf in my Beretta 96 and I would get 1 or 2 of the cases stuck in the barrel during each mag. I would have to use a cleaning rod to tap the case out, Ive also shot Wolf in 9mm and 5.56 and have never had a problem with either of those but I just had bad luck with the .40.

BKVic

·
Registered
17 Posts
BKVic said:
I tried the .40 Wolf in my Beretta 96 and I would get 1 or 2 of the cases stuck in the barrel during each mag. I would have to use a cleaning rod to tap the case out, Ive also shot Wolf in 9mm and 5.56 and have never had a problem with either of those but I just had bad luck with the .40.

BKVic
I've had their 9mm stick in my Sig P228 chamber . Never had trouble with the 40 or 45 cal .

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have had nothing but problems with it, plus it's very dirty.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I shot Wolf through AR's are an indoor range because that's pretty much all they would allow - probably because they sold mostly wolf. I still have like 1,900rds sitting in a closet I refuse to shoot.

It always shot fine, but cleaning the gun afterwards was a nightmare. Easily the dirtiest ammo I've ever shot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
wolf...

Cheap, but VERY dirty and smokey. Was at the indoor range and could clearly see the excess smoke was bothering the other range goers...

Never had any big malfunctioning probs

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Wolf .40 steel case (1000 rounds and counting) I have bought has functioned flawlessly in my pistols. The .40 is not as dirty as the 9mm. Looking inside the expended case, there is very little powder residue.

That is not to say the next batch may not be different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts