MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
melbourneman4007 said:
Went to the gun show and bought some Wolff Amo for the 40 M&P

Went to range yesterday with friend who has an M&P.

None of my Wolf .40 cal would work, everyone jammed in my gun. I had to tweek the slide each time to get the round in the chamber.

On my friends gun the Wolff Amo worked except for one round.

I then used some of his WWB amo and it worked fine in my M&P.

Why wont the Wolf work in my M&P? I bought 300 rounds and still have 150 rounds left.

Should I calll S&W and complain?

Melb

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
melbourneman4007 said:
I cleaned my M&P for an hour. When I slid the bullet in before cleaning it was tight. After brushing and oiling and drying, and brushing again and oiling the bullet slid in nice and easy.

I got rid of my wolf stuff to a friend for something called Fiocchi which he said is good stuff. Anyone heard of it? It has to be better then Wolf. Anyway, after I shoot this Fiocchi off I will only use the good stuff, WWB and Remington,, never again a $10 box brand.

Every bullit on Sunday needed a pull of the slide to get it into the chamber on my M&P. Not one out of 100 went in automatically. The spent bullet ejected fine but the new one would not go into the chamber, weird..

But when I tired a friends WWB 40's they worked great. I was in need to amo and got some Wolf at the gun show on Saturday. Lets hope what he traded me for isnt as bad. But after these 100 rounds of Fiocchi go thru my gun,, thats it,, I will buy the best.

I only use Sunoco in my P Car,, guess all nice things needs good realiable energy forms.. lol

Melb

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey jester my 40 did not like wolf either but my 9 ate it up without one hitch. my 40 did not like speer lawman either it liked cci blazer much better. go figure good shooting celt :?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wolf pistol ammo is garbage. wolf Rifle ammo is not bad though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ive seen more rifles blown up by wolf rifle ammo that by pistol, i know that rifle ammo opps at much higher rates of pressure . but if it works when you need it ,its good ammo however good wolf could be. :?

·
Registered
52 Posts
bigcelt said:
ive seen more rifles blown up by wolf rifle ammo that by pistol

How many rifles have blown up by Wolf, that you've personally witnessed? I've only seen one, ever, online as the result of Wolf polymer rifle ammo. This has come up often on ARFcom and other very large sites and there's only been one case that's a "confirmed" KB....and that was a full-auto Valmet or AK IIRC.

If there's more, and you have links to them, please post them I'd be very interested in them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
that would be 2, one was a professional ord. carbon 15,and a 223 ak not remembering what make it was, the two came in my shop in birmingham and both had been using 223 wolf. still had rnds. in mags . i think i still have photos at my shop i will try to find them and post them . both were case ruptures.. good shooting..........celt

·
Registered
95 Posts
I won't use Wolf even if it works. It seems to leave a lot more residue from the powder burn than other ammos.

-Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
I only use Wolf in my SKS or my p64 ( only ammo I can find for the p64 ) but that is it. The Fiochi you got is much better, not the most accurate of ammo but I have never had a feed problem with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts