MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone who owns both full size and a compact M&P check if the full size barrel will fit/work in the M&P compact? A picture of what it looks like would be greatly appreciated.

PS: In Canada handguns with a barrel of less then 4.13 in are prohibited :roll: ; so ^ that is the only way I would be able to get a M&P c :?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Good question. Hold on and I'll find out!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Well, I tried it. At first it looked like a perfect fit but when I cycled the slide it appeared to bind slightly causing the slide to stick. The full size I own hasn't been fired yet but it appears to cycle fine and doesn't cuase any binding atl all in its own slide. Too bad really because the compact looks tough with the extra bit of barrell.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
The fact that the longer barrel will not fit does not suprise me. As an example, the Glock 23 would just seem to be a shorter version of the Glock 22, but the longer barrel from a 22 will not fit the 23. Has something to do with difference in camming angle when the barrel starts moving out of battery. On the Glocks, the lug angle is actually different between the two models. I had though about the longer barrel on a compact frame also as such a set up would be ripe for a can and would probably make a nice setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts