MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not overly familiar with Hi-Point, but I've never really heard anyone sing their praises ... and of course, why buy a firearm that you cannot count on ... though Bud's is doing an inventory reduction on them and has them on sale for $99.95.

Is it worth it, or is that C-note best left to gather a bit of interest to be put towards another M&P?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Cet

Bud's details:

SPECIFICATIONS

Type: Pistol

Action: Single Action

Caliber: 380 ACP

Barrel Length: 3 1/2"

Capacity: 8 + 1

Safety: Thumb Safety

Grips: Polymer

Sights: 3-Dot Adjustable

Weight: 29 oz

Finish: Black

·
Registered
69 Posts
For a hundred bucks, why not??? As long as it doesn't blow up in your face, it might be worth a try. You could always sell it if it doesn't work out. Or at least try to sell it . . . :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
No way, I have a buddy that has one, it fires occasionally, but never when he needs it...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Dont know about HiPoint, or .380.

·
Registered
22 Posts
targetsup said:
Dont know about HiPoint, or .380.

.380 is a perfectly capable defensive round, especially if coming from a decent pistol such as a Walther, Bersa, CZ or Sig. What I don't get is people that buy the Beretta 84,85,86 or other pistols of that size such as the Browning, when you can get 9s or .40s that are same size or smaller (M&Pc, Kahr, Glock, etc).

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have seen plenty of posts on various forums about how Hi-Points are ugly as hell, but you guy's comments here are the first I remember seeing where their reliability was questioned. Are they truly that crappy? I know a guy who recently got a Hi-Point .45 and he says it has been completely reliable so far. But yes, it is ugly as hell.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi-Points are fairly reliable guns. I wouldn't buy one....becuase its ugly as it gets and way too big! I don't see anything wrong with having a $100 pistol in your collection as long as it'n not relied upon for self defense.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
They are made in ohio, and have a 100% lifetime guarntee (sp).

If I had the cash I'd buy one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
TxCZshooter said:
[quote name='targetsup']Dont know about HiPoint, or .380.

.380 is a perfectly capable defensive round, especially if coming from a decent pistol such as a Walther, Bersa, CZ or Sig. What I don't get is people that buy the Beretta 84,85,86 or other pistols of that size such as the Browning, when you can get 9s or .40s that are same size or smaller (M&Pc, Kahr, Glock, etc).[/quote]

I had a beretta 84 .380 in the past and it was a lighter & smaller than the Glock and M&P. The handle was about the same due to the double stack. At least the slide was lighter.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i bought a hipoint 9mm for a buck, it shot very decent. Nice trigger, i liked the ghost sights. I got the gun so my gf wouldnt have to start out at the range with my .40 cal. She liked the gun, it was heavy but that helped with recoil.

It did have it shares of ftf and fte though.

I have a hipoint 9mm carbine, and i didnt clean that lady for the first 5000 rounds and never had a hitch with that gun, the accuracy was on point through out also! Best 150 i have ever spent!

p.s. the hand gun weighs like 20 lbs due to its cast iron frame, so its no carry gun lol!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 2 Hi points. A C9 and the carbine.. As far as the pistol I have not had a problem with it the only malfunctions I have had with it is I hit the Mag release every so often as it causes a FTF. But that is becouse I cant get my sausages off of the mag release lol!!!

By no means is it my M&P but it is a fun little gun to go shootin cans with!

I have to tell you though the carbine is alot of fun to shoot. and it will break clay pigions at 100 yards :mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts