·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Wow...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
mad212 said:
amazingly fast, very little recoil, must be weak loads?

Yeah, that's his secret. Load up some low-recoil loads and anyone could shoot like that.

Simply operating a double action only trigger that fast is phenomenal, and there is no one who can do it like Jerry. And the reload ... well that's just not possible. I've seen him do it in person many times and I still think it's done with CGI.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I forgot i had a video of him on a History Channel show called Sharpshooters...

his gun looks seriously like a 38 special (so do the rounds), b/c they have the overall length of what appears to be a 357 magnum, but I doubt that is what he uses...

Anyways, in the video, he uses a 9mm semiauto (i'm guessing, it didn't say, but the give-away is coming up) to hit 5 different targets 3 times each... so 15 bullets, 0 reloads, and from the "surrender" position... in under 3 seconds. Seriously... hands in the air to 15 shots deadly accurate onto metal targets, in under 3 seconds. Amazing... absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
M47_Dragon said:
Maybe there are different episodes of that Sharpshooters show?

The episode that I saw, he was shooting his own signature model wheel gun from S&W - .45 acp. The show had three modern day shooting wizards trying to match old shooting folklore.

This was the gun I saw him shooting.

There was more than 3... and he used more then one gun. Also, unless my tv decided to really distort the signal, the bullets were not short and fat like a 45, but longer, like a 357/38/44.

Just my observations. I have it on my DVR, so i'll play it again tonight and check.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That youtube video was a copy of the *official* performance where he set the two records. I have also seen a TV training video where he was demonstrating the reload with his M625 (.45 acp for those who do not know) and the slow motion was MUCH faster than I could do it!!

I have attended several seminars that he has put on for S&W and have fired his personal guns (many years ago) and his 625 that I then shot was sooooo smooth that the cyl seemed to want to keep on turning by itself. What a pleasure to shoot.

In a lunchtime discussion with him at a club here in MA, we were discussing the fact that he casts his own lead bullets, at least a lot of them, and indicated he kept track of his shooting by the tons of lead that he had purchased over the years as well as the cases of primers that he has gone thru. A bit later I commented that " just imagine how much better a shooter you could have been if you hadn't spent so much time casting!" He looked at me with a surprised look until he realized that I was pulling his leg! :)

Bottom line is that he is a really nice guy whom you would be happy to have as a neighbor --- as long as you didn't mind never being able to out shoot him!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Bottom line is that he is a really nice guy whom you would be happy to have as a neighbor --- as long as you didn't mind never being able to out shoot him!

I'd be too busy trying to get him to teach me anything, than trying to beat him. Good God, that reload.....

·
Registered
237 Posts
That dude is scary fast. Bob Munden does some pretty incredible things with the Colt SAA. I

think he may have some stuff on YouTube......check him out if you have never seen him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts